There was A time

When I used to come home from work and get straight on the PC and go thru my internet favourites (Trucknet first of course) and work my way down to the Job Centre page.

Not now though, NOW the FIRST thing I check is the Job Centre website.

I have never met a more moaning, whining, complaining “not my job” 2 faced lying bunch of tossers in my whole life as the ones I work with.

There are like, 2 good lads there and the rest are as descibed above.

My depot manager today told me after being told of my opinion on something " oh you can just do what you want cos I dont give a **** anymore."

And not forgetting the old “We are getting a second Artic soon Andy, you can come off your rigid then mate.”

COBBLERS.

Does anybody know of anywhere within say, 20 miles of Peterlee in County Durham who needs a hard working CE driver with an ADR in Ts+Ps for days only?

Have Wincanton interview next week… But gotta find somthing man.

That’s it. Childish rant over. Normal service resumed.

matchbox:
I have never met a more moaning, whining, complaining “not my job” 2 faced lying bunch of tossers in my whole life as the ones I work with.

I used to work somewhere like that, it wasnt a bad job but the way some of them used to moan about everthing made it a real drag sometimes

Ive been down that road too. The job was a real piece of cake-if you were running out of time in an rdc for example, you just pulled out and took it back to the supplier the next day- no questions asked! The kit wasnt bad and the money was liveable for the work done. ... But ive never met a more two faced bunch of … in my life.
Moan moan moan… “whys jon got scotch again thats my job".... "whys jon this” “why`s jon that”… I was getting calls on the cab fone from other drivers asking me how i was and what i was up to… little did i know at the time they were checking up on me!
Maybe its because i wasnt in the “click” and not born in the same village like most of them were. Maybe it because i just got on with it sooner than moaning in the office about nothing.
Good luck with the job hunting and i hope you get out of there asap.

The one thing I’ve found is that if they are advertising on the job centre website, they’re not worth applying to. Usually crap pay and conditions.

Recently I have felt the same when I have had 6 planners in as many months. If you need to call the out of hours number they make your life hell for weeks. I dont bother now and do as I like. Nobody from the depot manager to the wash bay gives a toss lately.

Soon be time for a change :frowning:

ain’t it great you hear some people whinning cos they have more than two drops on or they have to leave their cabs. I’ve been in at pawsons for three days and god is it boring i’ve had a top spec xxl man they have give me no more than two drops and the most palletts was 9 the drops i got done well before i should rung in and just got drop trailer and go home i couldn’t do with it perm i like to feel like i’ve done a days work for my money not getting some whinging t##t sayin u’ve got them done already, glad when mon comes some decent work.

good luck with ur job hunting mate

I’ve just had a week holiday from regular nights. First week off since Xmas. I can’t wait to get back - there’s more to do here than I ever get on a night trunk.

Tell you what - they can moan, whinge or complain all they like - I get in my truck and drive away into the night and stuff 'em all :laughing: :laughing:

If you luck there are plenty of jobs out there trust me if I had my class 1 could have had loads of them

Mithcells at middlesbourgh want a driver

Fracks at Newton Aycliff

Ranger transport

A Scurr

S A Transtopr

S R Transport

or you could look in the yellow pages and phone

yell.com works very well :unamused:

Our lot are after local drivers as well as distance these days. PM me for details, although I’m not sure if you’d get through on experience - still worth a try though.

Henrys cat:
The one thing I’ve found is that if they are advertising on the job centre website, they’re not worth applying to. Usually crap pay and conditions.

my job must be the exception that proves the rule cos i saw it advertised on the joke center website and its the best job ive ever had!
no hassle 2 drops a day max,NEVER ring you up to see where you are ,fantastic money,and if you need something,buy it and the company wil give you the money back(within reason ) they pay parking and will give your night out money in your hand straight away if you want it
the kits good the hours are low and its only a couple of nights out a week
all the lads are ok to work with ,the company run 110%legal ,if youre not happy with load/wagon you dont go out until youre happy
and do i winge/moan/etc…sometimes…but then…i am a proffesional driver :unamused:

Thanks everybody for your PMs and support thus far.

This job is my first in haulage and the lads (I use that term with some hesitation) who have years of ‘experience’ between them, say it is one of the best there is.

SO having had nothing to compare it to I have been worrying that I may leave and wind up losing a ‘good’ thing. :confused:

But things have come to a head recently hence my opening post. :angry:

Gotta be multidrop though. I tried distance work when I was on buses/ coaches and I fell asleep every time, boring boring boring (for me at least.)

Thats why I prefer multidrop, in and out of cab every 5 mins or so, always somthing to do.

No problem each to there own i dont like multi drop work at all

But only you can make the decision that suite you if you find that you dont like can always look round for something diffrent

Lucy:
Our lot are after local drivers as well as distance these days. PM me for details, although I’m not sure if you’d get through on experience - still worth a try though.

Of course, if you know the secret handshake and are realated to your wife your straight in :laughing: :wink:

I’m phoning Lucy’s place Monday.

I may just be cheeky enough and lucky enough to get a job offer!

See if I can’t make my lack of experience seem insignificant!

matchbox:
Gotta be multidrop though. I tried distance work when I was on buses/ coaches and I fell asleep every time, boring boring boring (for me at least.)

Thats why I prefer multidrop, in and out of cab every 5 mins or so, always somthing to do.

Sounds like the Co-Op to me then matchbox, we’ve got depots at Blaydon and Birtley, definately multi drop but as I’m based in Halesowen Depot I’ve no idea about current staffing levels.

I’ll have a dig around and pm you the contact number.

HTH

Mike.

Thanks for that Mike.

Update…

Contacted Lucy’s place asper her PM and they want me to call down and get an application form! Chuffed about that!

Stillers also want to ‘take a look at me’

Does anybody have an opinion on Stillers BTW?

Thanks everybody!

Henrys cat:

if the job is in the job centre, its because no one will take it. plain and simple

Sounds like some of you work at our place,

No Morale.
Lads ringing you being matey only to plunge the knife in your back later,
Management aint bothered,
And as our TM left recently we dont know who or where our replacement is.

scanny77:

Henrys cat:

if the job is in the job centre, its because no one will take it. plain and simple

what a load of ■■■■ :wink:

if a jobs in the job centre its cause no one will take it or its not worth having what a load crap do a reality check if the money/hours /days are what you re after you apply for the job :bulb: if its not what you want dont apply :laughing: when your good enough that all you have to do is mention your experience to get a start forget about job centers till then sscchhhh :wink: