CHEERS BOYS

Well thanks for all your messages of support all i can do is to keep on trying so if any one knows of any one on the trucknet web site maybe sugest that they start a new forum or give me a uk phone book and i will phone all the transport companys in the uk and ireland and find jobs but that would mean some one would have to pay my wages and phone bill as things dont come cheap and then i could post vacancies on this website so if any wants me to do this let me know ha ha ha i might find a job for my self then it seems that when you sign on to agencys all they want to do is get you on to there books as it looks good for them so thanks again boys :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :arrow:

no offence but that dont make any sense to me

Hmmm not sure but maybe the rolls happened when not paying attention to the road and the arrow was one of the traffic Taliban pointing the way to jail?

TOMLEWISWD63DW:
Well thanks for all your messages of support all i can do is to keep on trying so if any one knows of any one on the trucknet web site maybe sugest that they start a new forum or give me a uk phone book and i will phone all the transport companys in the uk and ireland and find jobs but that would mean some one would have to pay my wages and phone bill as things dont come cheap and then i could post vacancies on this website so if any wants me to do this let me know ha ha ha i might find a job for my self then it seems that when you sign on to agencys all they want to do is get you on to there books as it looks good for them so thanks again boys :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :arrow_right:

Well what is it you want exactly? Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit. If you can’t find a job thats yr problem. Lots of people on here have fell in and out of jobs, but they’ve never come on here to blame other people. DO WANT US TO DRIVE YOU TO THE JOBCENTRE?
**OR PAY YR RENT? COOK YR DINNER?**WIPE YR ARSE!

NUGGET! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

MR VAIN:

TOMLEWISWD63DW:
Well thanks for all your messages of support all i can do is to keep on trying so if any one knows of any one on the trucknet web site maybe sugest that they start a new forum or give me a uk phone book and i will phone all the transport companys in the uk and ireland and find jobs but that would mean some one would have to pay my wages and phone bill as things dont come cheap and then i could post vacancies on this website so if any wants me to do this let me know ha ha ha i might find a job for my self then it seems that when you sign on to agencys all they want to do is get you on to there books as it looks good for them so thanks again boys :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :arrow_right:

Well what is it you want exactly? Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit. If you can’t find a job thats yr problem. Lots of people on here have fell in and out of jobs, but they’ve never come on here to blame other people. DO WANT US TO DRIVE YOU TO THE JOBCENTRE?
**OR PAY YR RENT? COOK YR DINNER?**WIPE YR ARSE!

NUGGET! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

You should know its your fault rob :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :arrow_right: thats what he was trying to say roll eyes and the arrow just didnt work when he did it lol

I probably went of the deepend a bit really Nick, but i can’t stand someone who blames others for their misfortunes. You make yr own luck in this world.

lol am i reading this right?? :unamused:

MR VAIN:
I probably went of the deepend a bit really Nick, but i can’t stand someone who blames others for their misfortunes. You make yr own luck in this world.

Yea right Rob, if only it was as easy as that. Not everybody is Born with that ability. :imp: :imp:

I’ve seen the OP start numerous posts in the Vacancy section of this Forum, maybe some people have been PMing him with advise or something.

To the OP; whilst I have sympathy for your difficulties in getting a driving job, might I respectfully suggest that you learn the basics of punctuation?

If you fill application forms in with the same disregard for the poor sod that’s got to read it, then you’re on a loser from the start.

…and i would suggest that Mr Vain learns the basics of refraining from insulting fellow senior members until their posts are fully understood.

As usual,Tory Boy has the solution,you will get a job when you sort out your punctuation. :exclamation:
Enrol on a course now.

gsm31:
As usual,Tory Boy has the solution,you will get a job when you sort out your punctuation. :exclamation:
Enrol on a course now.

First bit of good advice I’ve ever seen from you; incidentally I rather like Harry Enfield’s stuff, I don’t take other peoples’ political leanings personally.

Is it just me or do all this type of silly post have the same lack of punctuation & grammar?

newmercman:
Is it just me or do all this type of silly post have the same lack of punctuation & grammar?

It’s not just you. Despite the mockery from certain quarters, I remain convinced that this sort of thing is a major stumbling block when it comes to job applications; the more so in this case because it looks to me like sheer laziness. The one sentence starts with a capital letter, and then it’s just a mad rush without a single comma even. There are very few spelling mistakes, and thereafter even the personal “I” is in lower case; most spell checkers would pick up on this I think.

The effect is that it makes the post very difficult to read properly, and diminishes any sympathy one might have for the OP’s position; a shame really because I’ve no doubt the guy’s plight is genuine. In Mr. Vain’s defence, I too thought the initial post was a rant against site users, took me three or four readings to get it right.

I repeat, I was very fortunate to receive a good grounding in English at school; I’m not being high and mighty about this, I do genuinely think that anyone who is struggling to get through their interviews should be brave enough to take the help that can be found with regard to learning or improving their interviewing technique. It does take a leap of faith though, and to a certain extent one has to swallow one’s pride. It’s not easy.

I’m fully aware by the way that having stuck my head above the parapet I render myself liable to petty sniping for every typo I make. So be it. :wink:

PS Just found one. :blush: :smiley:

For those who complain when people forget the
where to dot the p.s and the bloody q,s

If , I wanted my writeing and spelling to be perfect then
i would have a proffesor of english LIt, write my posts,
however I do not wish this to happen so,I will write ;
MY posts how I bloody like, not ever one wishes to be
perfect. So if you wish to read perfect english go and
join the english Lit forum, This site is for PEOPLE
wish to exchange views about trucking and it,s like
not to debate over where the bloody comma or fullstop go.

Rant over :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re dead right in what you say Brit Pete. However, we as humans tend to judge by what we see. Now rightly or wrongly, I and others, and more importantly prospective employers tend to place a lot of emphasis on grammar and spelling (I take a pen into toilets to correct graffiti, Sad or what?), Whilst I agree that this is a light hearted forum for like minded individuals and not a spelling bee, I can’t help but think that the OP would probably fill out his C/V in a similar manner.

I like the old ways…

Can you drive this? - YES

Can you read (delivery address/map)? - YES

Off you go…

NOWADAYS - fill out this form and you are likely to get judged on how you fill it out - right :exclamation: :exclamation: - that has a lot to do with the actual job…not

Driveroneuk:
…and i would suggest that Mr Vain learns the basics of refraining from insulting fellow senior members until their posts are fully understood.

Yeah, go on then, you explain his original post? His punctuation or spelling is of no consequence to me. And as for fellow senior members? WTF are you talking about? We are all equl on here, no one ranks over anyone. Dinostevus, you will recieve a PM.

Brit pete, I think perhaps you mean English Grammar and not literature?

Must confess I do now often use the lower case I when typing on the pc, just out of pure lazyness. As I’m a 1 fingered typist, it just speeds things up a little.

I think on a forums such as this 100% correct grammar isn’t necessary, so long as its understandable. However very long sentences without puncuation or paragraphs are very difficult to read.

MR VAIN:

Driveroneuk:

Yeah, go on then, you explain his original post? His punctuation or spelling is of no consequence to me. And as for fellow senior members? WTF are you talking about? We are all equl on here, no one ranks over anyone. Dinostevus, you will recieve a PM.

OK. :blush:
I’m just about to pop out to Makro, so I’ll check it out later tonight. :sunglasses: