Fed up

Well its been a long week, why?? cos i’ve had to go on to nights.

Had two days hols last week, rang in on the friday for my monday start time only to be told to come in and clear out me wagon. My truck is going on to day and night work and you are off tramping untill a new motor arrives. Talk about shocked. This has happend to four of us and done on length of service.

What gets me is that my truck was one of the best on the fleet, I work hard and take my fair share of weekend work, spent my own money on the truck to get it how I want i.e curtains, wheel trims, dash table, fitted carpets, let alone all the cleaning materials i’ve bought. Yes I am proud of my truck. Yet there are drivers at our place that blatently toss it off, never even bother to keep there wagons clean etc,etc.

In this day and age of driver shortages why do employers continue to get up the noses of drivers that are willing to work■■?

Thanks for listening, rant over i’ll get me coat :unamused: :unamused:

Martin.

The harder you work the more you get [zb] on unfortunatly

well thats my philosophy anyway
simon

That wasn’t even attempting to be subtle!L.:wink:

SimonRS2K:
The harder you work the more you get [zb] on unfortunatly

well thats my philosophy anyway
simon

That wasn’t even attempting to be subtle!L.:wink:

sorry i forgot :blush:

Sounds like a bad lot there Flyer, some firms dont deserve good blokes…or even bad un’s come to that.

Mal.

I had the same happen to me at the last place I worked directly for. Had a minted Scania 144 530 topline which had the items you mention and was kept immaculate. Was “temporarily” put in the Actros 480 megaspce while the Scania had some engine work done on it. The Actros was in a bit of state so I gave that a good fettle whilst I had it and had it looking good then at the end of the 2nd week when I was meant to be getting the Scanny back he told me that my motor was now the Renault Premium 400 in boring white without any lights, alloy, chrome, or TLC.

Was well cheesed off. No explanation why the change. He had a new guy start who got the Scania and he wrapped it round a sign on his 3rd day and needed a new cab and chasis straightening. Don’t understand some tm’s/bosses. :imp:

I know the feeling. It’s the same at me dad’s place. The harder you try to keep the truck clean the more the other drivers seem to abuse them. Then they would be moaning if they had to go out in a mucky truck. There’s no pleasing some people!

I hope you are going to take all your stuff off it :frowning:

Sod nights mate there is only three lots off people work nights thats women of the night the police and thieves wrong ■■■ for the first to short for the second and not fast enough for the last o well i’ll have to stick to trucking :smiling_imp:

Had a call from our traffic manager yesterday, saying that one of the lads had put a weeks notice in and do I want to go back on tramping. I have even got my topliner back!!!

So as from Monday its back to normal. A complete 360 in two weeks. Saw my truck last night and to say its gone down hill is an understatment. Much work to be done on Sunday to get it back to my standerd. So if you see a driver doing his missus mop routine on a topliner with a reefer on the back (you cant mis it, its got a big picture of lincoln cathederal on the side!!!) please say hello and bring a duster with you :unamused: :confused:

Cheers

Martin :sunglasses:

You’re not one of those drivers who hauls for a certain lincolnshire company are you?

Heh, I see them all the time. If you get a norwich area job, let me know, and I’ll come by with a can of dash-cleaner and a duster :slight_smile:

highbridge flyer:
Had a call from our traffic manager yesterday, saying that one of the lads had put a weeks notice in and do I want to go back on tramping. I have even got my topliner back!!!

So as from Monday its back to normal. A complete 360 in two weeks. Saw my truck last night and to say its gone down hill is an understatment. Much work to be done on Sunday to get it back to my standerd. So if you see a driver doing his missus mop routine on a topliner with a reefer on the back (you cant mis it, its got a big picture of lincoln cathederal on the side!!!) please say hello and bring a duster with you :unamused: :confused:

Cheers

Martin :sunglasses:

Don’t you think they are still taking the (you know what)? The only reason you have got you old truck back and are going onto tramping is becuase another drivers is leaving. I’d tell them “becuase the way I have been treated I have been looking for other work, but I’ll stay this time as long as you don’t pull a stunt like that again”.

“Had two days hols last week, rang in on the friday for my monday start time only to be told to come in and clear out me wagon. My truck is going on to day and night work and you are off tramping untill a new motor arrives. Talk about shocked. This has happend to four of us and done on length of service.”

This is going to happen to more and more drivers come the good old wtd

bosses will start double shifting motors.

cheers
STEVE.

ATKIG11:
“Had two days hols last week, rang in on the friday for my monday start time only to be told to come in and clear out me wagon. My truck is going on to day and night work and you are off tramping untill a new motor arrives. Talk about shocked. This has happend to four of us and done on length of service.”

This is going to happen to more and more drivers come the good old wtd

bosses will start double shifting motors.

cheers
STEVE.

Thats the worst fear I have of it Steve, 1 man 1 motor might well become a thing of the past.

Mal.

Mal, it won’t be a problem with the motor I drive :wink: :wink:

cheers
STEVE.

Wonder if we can all get grants from the government to become O/os so we can keep our workplace conditions up?

Isn’t it illegal for a new law to be forced on us that will actually reduce our working conditions? One driver one truck is a requirement for a decent life. Swapping from truck to truck is no way to be happy in life.

you lot have it lucky - cus I only do days, I have a different truck almost every day; even some of the lads who do nights out are in the same boat its only fellas who have been with the firm 18 months + have their own truck; except one guy who is 5’4 so he got a DAF that the others didn’t want cus they can’t stand up in them to get changed.

the premiums we get are all filthy, grubby interiors troddon with boots on the seats ashtrays full of buttends, battery covers missing so hopefully wont shred ankles on it, even a mouldy orange in passenger footwell one i used today, and so it goes on. tbh i wouldn’t want to sleep in one cos of the smells - but at least its all experience I suppose

oh and the steroes dont distort when u crank up the choons :smiley: