The End

That’s it then, just got my licence back with my truck driver entitlements removed, I can no longer drive anything bigger than a 7.5 tonner, and to be totally honest I am not missing it, It was never anything more than just a job as far as I was concerned, and I would no more spend a single penny on a truck than throw money down a drain, no more 3/4 hour waits, no more snotty pizza faced booking in clerks, no more wombles, I have not driven a truck for nearly two years now as it had got beyond me because of Arthritis and Sciatica I was going to need a Stanhah stairlift to get in the cabs the way it was getting, but I was disillusioned years ago, and as I got older I got stroppy and depressed and awkward despite myself trying not to, but if I went somewhere and I was told to help split a load I would refuse point blank and no amount of threats would alter it, if it did not come out the back door on a TILT (they have gone thank God) I would not do a strip down for instance, I have worked for some good companies Celsius First at Grimsby was the best, I was there 5 years, but went bust, Swain Transport at Scawby was the worst by a big margin, Two Sisters at Scunthorpe was a good job and then MRCT took it over and ruined it, but that’s the way it goes, I am 65 in a month and with my OAPension and my Railway pension plus the wifes income we will be OK.

I will post any GOOD (in my opinion) jobs I spot on here if I see any, I think and hope things will improve for you lads,I admired you who spent weeks and months doing 4/5 nights out a week in the last 20 years I did two, I enjoy this site because there are some good laughs to be had without snowflakes having hissy fits, I sense from what I see and hear the employers are going to improve things ie terms and wages. I do hope so, but the younger end do not want the job, and old gits like me are jumping ship for one reason or another so something has got to change.

You’ve"done your rip"old timer…enjoy your retirement.

youtu.be/JSUIQgEVDM4

enjoy, throw the alarm clock away, do what you want to do , when you want to do it …

Enjoy at 65 you should be packing in working, the government getting us all working longer so the young ones can stay at school until they are 30 is wrong. You say you have a railway pension what did you do on the railway and why did you leave?

Trukkertone:
enjoy, throw the alarm clock away, do what you want to do , when you want to do it …

But only when your wife tells you you can.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

mac12:
Enjoy at 65 you should be packing in working, the government getting us all working longer so the young ones can stay at school until they are 30 is wrong.

You should say a big thank you to a certain Sir Robert Devereux, a mandarin at the DWP, for this. The state pension age will be increased to 66 in 2020 before being upped again to 67 in 2028 - the foundations of the increases were laid by him.

He reportedly enjoyed a £1.8m pension pot when he called time on his career - giving him an immediate lump sum of £245,000 with a further £85,000 every year.

He retired in January 2018 - on his 61st birthday!

Stanley Knife:
You should say a big thank you to a certain Sir Robert Devereux, a mandarin at the DWP, for this. The state pension age will be increased to 66 in 2020 before being upped again to 67 in 2028 - the foundations of the increases were laid by him.

He reportedly enjoyed a £1.8m pension pot when he called time on his career - giving him an immediate lump sum of £245,000 with a further £85,000 every year.

Its almost like if you put a load of effort in at school, go on and do the same at university then pick a career with progression possiblities and work as hard in that that you can have a job that ultimately ends up with more money and a better package.

Stanley Knife:

mac12:
Enjoy at 65 you should be packing in working, the government getting us all working longer so the young ones can stay at school until they are 30 is wrong.

Don’t no about thank him but would like to ask him why. I am nearly 60 and get a private pension at 60 and another at 65 with the state pension I could retire at 60 but instead they put it up. I have no mortgage claim no benefits but have to keep working, I earn about £38000 per year so if I retire my job would give a younger person a chance of a good life instead of relying on government hand outs costing more than my pension

Conor:
Its almost like . . .

he’s a hypocrite of the highest order.

mac12:
Enjoy at 65 you should be packing in working, the government getting us all working longer so the young ones can stay at school until they are 30 is wrong. You say you have a railway pension what did you do on the railway and why did you leave?

I was a Class 2 GP/RDR signalman commonly known as a King Gobbler because of the amount of o/t we got, I left because the line was electrified and they shut the manual boxes, I could have gone to a power box at York, but it meant uprooting the family selling up and all the hassle, I get £50 a month pension, but I did have two lump sums of £3,000 in total, it’s not much but it pays for my Diesel, I wont tell you how much the wife gets pension after putting time on the Council as an administrator you would be jealous, I am.

I did a year as a self employed Taxi Driver, while I trained for my HGV you could go from a car to a C+E then and there you are I did it for 30 years, and as I said the last few years were hard as I had grown to dislike the job which is why I worked for Agency’s and casual (cash) work, then I could please myself if I took what was offered.

Blunder Man:

mac12:

I was a Class 2 GP/RDR signalman commonly known as a King Gobbler because of the amount of o/t we got, I left because the line was electrified and they shut the manual boxes, I could have gone to a power box at York, but it meant uprooting the family selling up and all the hassle, I get £50 a month pension, but I did have two lump sums of £3,000 in total, it’s not much but it pays for my Diesel, I wont tell you how much the wife gets pension after putting time on the Council as an administrator you would be jealous, I am.

I did a year as a self employed Taxi Driver, while I trained for my HGV you could go from a car to a C+E then and there you are I did it for 30 years, and as I said the last few years were hard as I had grown to dislike the job which is why I worked for Agency’s and casual (cash) work, then I could please myself if I took what was offered.

I’m the other way round gave up driving 5 years ago to go signalling, best thing I ever did. They don’t get rid of anyone now even if no job to send them to

With the benefit of hindsight I should have moved to York, but no point in crying over spilt milk, my friend who has just retired after 40 years as a Signalman with full BRASS benefits and full pension got £25000 lump sum + £1200 per month +£150 a week OA pension, he is better of retired than he was working, and the lucky sods wife ran of with the Milkman 30 years ago.