Forgive me asking, but how much

Evening everyone
Please don’t be offended by the question. If a Mod feels it should be removed, I’ll understand.
I’ve been asked to do some C+E driving, collect unit from the east coast, bring it down to the West Country. Then return the following week.
As this is for a mates company, I feel I should charge the going rate, BUT, I don’t want to rip him off.
I’ve been looking at the hourly rates etc, and are really confused as this is not my main job, just want to earn a bit of extra beer money.
I have some idea, but I’d like your thoughts.

So, the big question is… how much should I charge per day?

Cheers folks
Paul

Probably somewhere between £8-10/hr depending on how friendly you are with them. If you’re really good mates, like best buddies, then I wouldn’t charge anything and would leave it up to him to pay you back however he felt fit. You never know when you might need a favour yourself…

If its for a mate i would ask him what he feels the going rate should be and negotiate from there.
If hes a good mate he wont want to rip you off either.

Rates vary all over the country but after reading a few posts on here a day rate rarely drops below £75 plus night out allowance which is usually around the £20 mark give or take a few quid.

Hope this helps

for a full week i,d expect atleast, 2 goats and a cow. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

browncow2:
for a full week i,d expect atleast, 2 goats and a cow. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

and a mars bar :smiley:

philgor:

browncow2:

Steady on, only owner drivers get the luxury of a Mars Bar. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

philgor:

browncow2:

Steady on, only owner drivers get the luxury of a Mars Bar. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea were only entitled to an out of date marathon bar

£100 per day.

£3:00 and a out of date choc bar

For the benefit of the youngsters on this forum,Snickers were called Marathon bars The name changed in 1984 to bring us in to line with best European practice.

alamcculloch:
For the benefit of the youngsters on this forum,Snickers were called Marathon bars The name changed in 1984 to bring us in to line with best European practice.

thank you old chap

alamcculloch:

Cant’ve been that early surely!? I was born in '82 and remember marathon bars! If you’re right this may be one of my earliest memories, what a sad life!

According to wikipedia

the name was changed to Snickers in 1990. For 18 months before the name changed, the words “Internationally known as Snickers” were printed on the side of the Marathon wrapper. Following the name change, the bar moved from being Britain’s ninth most popular bar to the third most popular

mickyblue:

alamcculloch:

thank you old chap

gogzy:

Coffeeholic:

philgor:

browncow2:

Yea were only entitled to an out of date marathon bar

That could be why its out of date then? & I’m not admitting to knowing what your on about :laughing: who remembers when “Wagon Wheels” were so big you could only eat one! not like now, when you can eat the whole pack :blush:

I think that Wagon Wheels have remained the same size,in all probability you are the one who has gone and got bigger.Who ate all the pies?

alamcculloch:
I think that Wagon Wheels have remained the same size,in all probability you are the one who has gone and got bigger.Who ate all the pies?

Sussed again!! :blush: Are you saying my bum looks big then? :open_mouth:

alamcculloch:

No no no… wagon wheels were definitely a lot bigger than they are now. A wagon wheel of old would take a good chomping to get through, these days you can scoff one in about 2 mouthfuls, or quite easily the whole pack as Sam says. :smiley:

Rob K:

alamcculloch:

No no no… wagon wheels were definitely a lot bigger than they are now. A wagon wheel of old would take a good chomping to get through, these days you can scoff one in about 2 mouthfuls, or quite easily the whole pack as Sam says. :smiley:

:smiley: My Hero! :smiley: :smiley: I’d give you my last rolo :blush: .x

I think that I know what has happened.In days of yore they were modelled on the rear wheels of the wagon,but nowadays they are taken from the front axle so are consequently smaller.

Prob something to do with the bureaucratic bull-■■■ that we are governed by along with crazy reg’s like straight banana’s and the complusory wearing of hi-vis vest whislt driving abroad?
I say lets start a campaign “bring back real sized wagon-wheels!” (they don’t make my bum look so big? unless I eat the whole pack :blush: ) :laughing: