HOW MUCH??

HELLO PEEPS, i got talking to a friend of mine who just told me what he earns working for a supermarket as a driver
1-£11.75ph
2-£1.75ph premium after 6pm
3-£1.75ph premium for sat/sun
4-£17.62ph after 45 hrs
5-£15ph on rest day work
6-45 hours per week+(10hrs o/t pw)=55hrs
7-33 days hols per year
8-16 weeks full sick pay per year.
9- 1-2 drops per day 60mile radius
…no [zb] wonder i see him doin 50 mph every where…
can anyone beat that or is that the normal rate for full time employment? :neutral_face:

who does he work for?

hello mate.ainsburys…

It shows how much this game has fallen that peple are seriously impressed by a driver earning 35k for 55 hours… :unamused:

dude,he took home 43K and no nights out!!!.. and its his 1st driving job.well done to him

i used to do tesco, was very boring work, but the money was good,10-14 quid an hour,

then i got onto shunting there which was far more exciting and alot less stressful than being on the road…eg no tachos plus an easy 700 take home a week.

You can’t do Mon - fri though (can you?) - weekends are sacred to me :sunglasses:

in what area is this? up in yorkshire i dont know anyone that earns that money,
i do 5 nights out and 60 plus hours and take home about 560 and i know drivers earning a lot less,

thats in the west midlands.or birmingham if thats what the call it!

elcamino:
dude,he took home 43K and no nights out!!!.. and its his 1st driving job.well done to him

So do you seriously believe he earnt 56k before tax? Or £1200 a week. Get real on the figures supplied this just isn’t possible. Even if he did 55 hours at the highest rate quoted of £17hr that’s still only £900 a week.

To earn 56k pre tax on 55 hours you would need to be earning nearly £22 hour.

All these figures are based on 30% tax and national insurance but I’m sure earnings that high would be taxed at 40% so earning pre tax would probably have to be a lot higher

I have been driving in one form or another for 17 years. I have probably had 20-30 different jobs and the most I have ever taken home is £700 a week, and that wasn’t done legally. So all these drivers that spout earnings of 40-50k a year are talking out their a arse

daleyboy:

elcamino:

So do you seriously believe he earnt 56k before tax? Or £1200 a week. Get real on the figures supplied this just isn’t possible. Even if he did 55 hours at the highest rate quoted of £17hr that’s still only £900 a week.

To earn 56k pre tax on 55 hours you would need to be earning nearly £22 hour

I have been driving in one form or another for 17 years. I have probably had 20-30 different jobs and the most I have ever taken home is £700 a week, and that wasn’t done legally. So all these drivers that spout earnings of 40-50k a year are talking out their a arse

have to agree mate,

I have been driving in one form or another for 17 years. I have probably had 20-30 different jobs

Averaged at 25 jobs then over 17 years - that’s not the best work record in the world, why have you had so many jobs?

brados:

I have been driving in one form or another for 17 years. I have probably had 20-30 different jobs

Averaged at 25 jobs then over 17 years - that’s not the best work record in the world, why have you had so many jobs?

Used to have anger problems so would quit jobs quite alot. Settled down now though. Only had 3 jobs in the last 5 years and was made redundant from two of those.

Also used to think the grass was greener on the other side but it never is

I was on decent money up to last year,made redundant, went on to get a job which was a large wage cut in comparison, UK tramping, gen haulage,large co. £370 for 50 hours (why 50 and not 40 :unamused: ) increases to £9 after 50.(dont get excited :smiley: ) and£20 for nt out, £10hr for sundays.Is this crap compared to others, or is it about right ,and its just that Ive been spoiled in the past. Dont come back with “I wouldnt get out of bed” etc etc :unamused: Im just here to summet better comes up, and it beats the dole.

robroy:
I was on decent money up to last year,made redundant, went on to get a job which was a large wage cut in comparison, UK tramping, gen haulage,large co. £370 for 50 hours (why 50 and not 40 :unamused: ) increases to £9 after 50.(dont get excited :smiley: ) and£20 for nt out, £10hr for sundays.Is this crap compared to others, or is it about right ,and its just that Ive been spoiled in the past. Dont come back with “I wouldnt get out of bed” etc etc :unamused: Im just here to summet better comes up, and it beats the dole.

is the £370 take home pay , or before tax.

cos i was offered a job ( class 1 ) £400 before tax whether you do 20 hrs or 90 hrs. obviously i told them what to do.

is the £370 take home pay , or before tax.

cos i was offered a job ( class 1 ) £400 before tax whether you do 20 hrs or 90 hrs. obviously i told them what to do.
[/quote]
£370 before tax. If it was for 40 hours, then time and a half it wouldnt be too bad,but at 50 hours you have already worked 10 “overtime” hours at single time, so if you work say 60 hours per wk, in real terms the overall hourly rate is £7.66 per hour, but even that is better than what you were offered. The problem is that potential employers know there are no shortage of drivers looking for work.

elcamino:
thats in the west midlands.or birmingham if thats what the call it!

The golden triangle. Depends what part of the country you are in to regards what you take home. I was at the works football tournament and got talking to a driver based in Leicester and he was a on a good few grand more than me. Exact same company , exact same job :neutral_face:

Supermarket drivers get slagged to ■■■■ on here, but they’re not as dumb as they look :laughing: . If i left my current job id be applying to sainsburys, tesco etc. It may destroy my soul but it gets you home every night with the family and it gives you a good living.

elcamino:
HELLO PEEPS, i got talking to a friend of mine who just told me what he earns working for a supermarket as a driver
1-£11.75ph
4-£17.62ph after 45 hrs
5-£15ph on rest day work
7-33 days hols per year
can anyone beat that or is that the normal rate for full time employment? :neutral_face:

these rates are about the same as wincanton offer for sainsburys in northampton arnt they?? and were after drivers not so long ago

dazaster:

elcamino:
1-£11.75ph
4-£17.62ph after 45 hrs
5-£15ph on rest day work
7-33 days hols per year

these rates are about the same as wincanton offer for sainsburys in northampton arnt they?? and were after drivers not so long ago

According to a lad at work they still are looking

garnerlives:

dazaster:

elcamino:
1-£11.75ph
4-£17.62ph after 45 hrs
5-£15ph on rest day work
7-33 days hols per year

According to a lad at work they still are looking

Theyre after 10 drivers so im told,interview’s start next week,couple from our place have put in for it