HOW MUCH??

I always work on the theory that I am earning nearly three times as much as I used to working in I.T, so its all good to me!

Dogmatix:
I always work on the theory that I am earning nearly three times as much as I used to working in I.T, so its all good to me!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Can’t have been a great job in I.T. then. :wink:

Dogmatix:
I always work on the theory that I am earning nearly three times as much as I used
was you in costco on friday mate :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

daleyboy:

elcamino:
dude,he took home 43K and no nights out!!!.. and its his 1st driving job.well done to him

So do you seriously believe he earnt 56k before tax? Or £1200 a week. Get real on the figures supplied this just isn’t possible. Even if he did 55 hours at the highest rate quoted of £17hr that’s still only £900 a week.

To earn 56k pre tax on 55 hours you would need to be earning nearly £22 hour.

All these figures are based on 30% tax and national insurance but I’m sure earnings that high would be taxed at 40% so earning pre tax would probably have to be a lot higher

I have been driving in one form or another for 17 years. I have probably had 20-30 different jobs and the most I have ever taken home is £700 a week, and that wasn’t done legally. So all these drivers that spout earnings of 40-50k a year are talking out their a arse

dude not 56k…its 43k… before tax… big difference… thats with his REST DAY WORKINGS, still alot more than some other driving jobs. thats all i was getting at.

i would personally rather stack shelves in a supermarket than drive for a supermarket,
allways gurantee its a trolly jobsworth holds you up on an a road then the same rdc refuses you for been late, :imp:
i earn what i earn i class me sen as a truck driver paid to do me job,

elcamino:

daleyboy:

elcamino:
dude,he took home 43K and no nights out!!!.. and its his 1st driving job.well done to him

dude not 56k…its 43k… before tax… big difference… thats with his REST DAY WORKINGS, still alot more than some other driving jobs. thats all i was getting at.

So do you seriously believe he earnt 56k before tax? Or £1200 a week. Get real on the figures supplied this just isn’t possible. Even if he did 55 hours at the highest rate quoted of £17hr that’s still only £900 a week.

To earn 56k pre tax on 55 hours you would need to be earning nearly £22 hour.

All these figures are based on 30% tax and national insurance but I’m sure earnings that high would be taxed at 40% so earning pre tax would probably have to be a lot higher

I have been driving in one form or another for 17 years. I have probably had 20-30 different jobs and the most I have ever taken home is £700 a week, and that wasn’t done legally. So all these drivers that spout earnings of 40-50k a year are talking out their a arse

After 18 years of class 2 and class 1 work I was getting around £350 per week before tax for driving a wagon and drag doing 50 hours per week total,including breaks,on nights.That’s as good as it got.

yorkshire terrier:
‘… always guarantee its a trolly jobsworth holds you up on an a road then the same rdc refuses you for been late…’

I don’t suppose that could be generalised up a bit more? Maybe try this approach to be a bit more objective:

They always cut us up without indicating, ■■■■ school-children and never have a means to contact their head office to complain about the disgrace that they represent too…!

I mean, being outside the supply contract for being late in into an RDC within that JIT sector of the industry shouldn’t matter a jot, eh?

Yeah, they’re all toss-pots :wink:

Happy Keith:

yorkshire terrier:
‘… always guarantee its a trolly jobsworth holds you up on an a road then the same rdc refuses you for been late…’

I don’t suppose that could be generalised up a bit more? Maybe try this approach to be a bit more objective:

They always cut us up without indicating, ■■■■ school-children and never have a means to contact their head office to complain about the disgrace that they represent too…!

I mean, being outside the supply contract for being late in into an RDC within that JIT sector of the industry shouldn’t matter a jot, eh?

Yeah, they’re all toss-pots :wink:

:open_mouth: Blimey I thought the issue was all about the wages. :laughing: But there must be some jobs left out there for those of us who don’t want to be involved in the JIT sector of the industry or drive for a supermarket at any price let alone just £50,000 pa + . :laughing:

i work for a super market an get 29k for about 40hrs per week contracted to 55 though

£350 pw before tax is madness for anything over 40hours… Some folk are obviously mad lol…

Wincanton also do Sainsbugs at Sherburn-in-Elmet, and they’re on £11.75 an hour for class 1.

Ken.

I worked for co-op…NEVER AGAIN :smiley: Would imagine its easier on most if not all the other super markets. I would have a go again if it wasnt 3am starts working 3 in 4 weekends I have a family now and nothing is more important to me then the time with them(except football :stuck_out_tongue: ) and the money doesnt mean so much to me these days. I cleared £420 a week after tax at co-op and was miserable, be much happier clearing £300+ to be home every weekend.

what,s he doing working on his rest day…thats illegall