How much to charge?

I’m an o/d with a tipper but the work is dead and I’m bloody bored sat at home.

So, I was thinking of ringing round a few local haulage firms and seeing if they need a relief driver just for a few days here and there.

Obviously, I’m VAT registered so I’d have to charge em’ VAT on top of whatever hourly/daily rate. Only thing is, its been bloody ages since I’ve been hourly paid for driving so how much for an hour these days for Class 2?

I reckon you would be lucky to get £6 an hour at the mo. Very lucky.

hi mate have you thought about getting in touch with your local council to see if there need tipper trucks to get more salt for the roads or even the local highways agency, you know go pick it up from there supplier just a thought mate

Harry Monk:
I reckon you would be lucky to get £6 an hour at the mo. Very lucky.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Blimey.

maybe £2.50 ph and thats at a push :smiley:

mickyblue:
maybe £2.50 ph and thats at a push :smiley:

try hawkie he would set you on @ £20 per :open_mouth: day and as much overtime :laughing: as you can do,

£10 per hour if your ltd is a reasonable rate. It’s what you can get away with isn’t it.

You should be able to get getting on for £10 per hour I would think, but it will depend the balance of supply and demand in your area.

Given the cold weather I would suggest trying anywhere that does animal feeds or fuel. One of the places I drive for sells both and could keep me busy several times over at the moment as they’re very busy.

Paul