Waiting time - how much?

Simple question to some O/D’s but what sort of rate do you charge/get paid for waiting time over and above a reasonable time to get tipped or loaded?

Just being nosey realy because I’ve already agreed a new job rate which includes any demurrage for the upcoming artic/curtain trailer :smiley:

tipping or loading after 2 hours £25 p/h

Crikey! :open_mouth: :confused:

Makes my £40.00/hr after 2 hours look alot of dosh!

On tarmac I get 25.00/hr after one hour if tippng through a machine. 25.00/hr straight away if the gang are handlaying.

The quarry charge the punter 60.00/hr though. :imp: :imp: :imp:

We have to give the first hour free when tipping tar, then its £34.00 per hour there after. The company i subbie for charges their customers £60.00 per hour after the first hour.

This has always been a contentious issue.When I was on the boxes for Handbury I never once got paid even tho’ I claimed for it, they would always come up with an excuse the “last” one being that we had to fax a copy of the p.o.d before the end of business on that day :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: .

So I stopped claiming for it and wrote in figures & writing that I was only at any tip for 1 hour.

After a couple of p.o.d’s went back without the demurrage claim on them I was asked

“Why didn’t you claim your waiting time?”
I answered
“I didn’t do any”

But you were there 6 hours

Yeah I know

So why didn’t you claim

Because you never pay me

but if you dont put it on your p.o.d we wont get paid

tough!YOU should’ve paid me what you owe,If you dont like it dont send me to any tips that involve demurrage

Personally I think you should get whatever you would be earning if you were on the move with another load i.e

If you charge £1 per mile then you should get (your head examined) £50-56 p/h
If you charge £1.5 p/m then it should be £75 - 85 p/h

good luck with that tho’

What about RDC’s, does anyone get paid from their sites?

I’m reading some places fine hauliers £1000 for turning up late for a booking and I’m wondering if you can pass on that fine to the previous RDC that tipped you four hours after your booking in time with them.

Company i used to sub for made us phone in every 1/2 hr for the first 2 hrs then you would get your
demurrage after 2 hrs.If you failed to do this they would not pay :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rumour had it that they got payed after 1 hr :wink: .The rate we got was £20/hr after 2 hrs