Finally got a restoration project

has anyone got lieing about a fixed fifth wheel bed for my scania? also i have some custom red curtains which came out of it if anyone is interested as im going for the original look.
heres a few recent pics just done 5 out of the 6 front spring pins

heres a few pics of its previous life with mccarthys

96SO20887.jpg

96SO20886.jpg

Scania27:
not really got alot of electrics, engines all manual via cable, and in the cab theres a few dodgy looking wires been added in for some reason or another but there not going to cause a concern for me

:laughing: :laughing: hmmm, an Irish motor, dodgy wires hanging about, don’t happen to link to the tacho head? :laughing:

Regards,

Mark.

im guessing they are linked to the tacho head ive not realy looked haha one thing which amazes me is that its got a speed limiter

dont forget gaydon next year good luck regards rowland

i,ll be there providing its all tested, am cracking on with it so its looking good

bit of an update, over christmas weve repaired the battery carrier. had rotted away at the front slightly.

The white is a temporary colour just to it rusting.

also ive put on some rear brake chambers, think the ones what were on it were original, one of them was leaking with the park brake off, still not done so bad to say its 15 years old.

found some nice big crack on the cross member in front of the diff.

also ive taken the tackle box off as surplus to requirements and fitted a tipper tank on the n/s.

Thanks for the update pal…looks to be coming along nicely that does.

Al

I cant believe that the 113/143s are classics it doesnt seem 2 minutes ago since they were everywhere i prefered their driving position to their replacements .I think you`ve chosen a great project and i think the colour scheme its in now really suits it but its your project do ya best

Those bottle jacks under the front look a mite precarious balanced on bits of dunnage! Stay lucky.

may look precarious but there safe, stood on them for a couple of weeks, no problems encountered

a few more photos
just put a new gear knob on it and t cutted and polished the chassis to tidy it up abit

Thats the way, keep at it. Good work.
Neil.

in the process of fitting new spring hangers at the front. old ones are off new ones just to fit.

front spring hangers are on

96SO20886.jpg

heres my progress at the minute, ive stripped down front brakes and cleaned up, stripped off front hub and shimmed up as it was tight, just in the process of rebuilding the rear brakes and hubs up

these are the colours the 143 will be in when finished

heres a few pictures of the 143 over the past year, still getting her ready for mot and doing other bits, cant possibly put em all up or id be here allday!!

a few more