Scania 142 pic's

GAV LAA:
That tag axle 142 B446 CGB is ex paul mould transport from liverpool (bulk grain tippers), used to work on that years ago…everyone who drove it said it would pull a row of houses down :smiley: :smiley:

shes now up for sale !!!
donedeal.ie/trucks-for-sale/ … on/5223364

Some pictures of my restored Scania 142. I took it to its first show today at Coleford, Forest of Dean.

now thats nice like the silver and black very tastful and not over blinged

Very nice looking truck there Mechanic77, just one thing…why do people cover the backs of their mirrors with sheets of Ally or tin or whatever■■? It spoills the look of the whole truck as well as reducing vision from inside the cab!! Sorry but I just dont get it!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Apart from that its a smart looking motor, is the inside the same?

bullitt:
Very nice looking truck there Mechanic77, just one thing…why do people cover the backs of their mirrors with sheets of Ally or tin or whatever■■? It spoills the look of the whole truck as well as reducing vision from inside the cab!! Sorry but I just dont get it!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Bullitt, I’ve often wondered that myself, take them off please, they look cheap and nasty.

IN some cases to stop haveing the mirrors
broken when driveing down those narrow roads
and its not only the UK where this is done as
a set of mirrors nowdays is quite expensive,

brit pete:
IN some cases to stop haveing the mirrors
broken when driveing down those narrow roads
and its not only the UK where this is done as
a set of mirrors nowdays is quite expensive,

I had a mirror knocked of by a mad Amsterdam bus driver in the mid 80’s. £78 for a replacement. God knows what one would cost today, £100’s I bet.

But a piece of tin or ally isnt going to stop your mirrors getting broken or knocked of■■?

Just seems daft to me, seems daft and looks daft!!

What ever next??..SS stone deflectors across the bottom of windscreens, metal grids over the headlights, cow catcher bars, silly little lights on the end of bendy sticks then fixed the outer edges of the bumpers■■? :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

BLUE LIGHTS IN THE SCREEN :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

The mirror guards were put on years ago when we were working the truck, as a few regular drops involved narrow lanes and trees.

looks great and its a v8 :smiley:

silver and black paintwork looks minted mate… :sunglasses:

Those silly bits of metal use to save us a fortune in mirror glasses, especially when confronted with a speeding quarry motor coming towards you on a narrow lane!!! they might look daft, but in some cases they do the job. But as for stone gaurds, bull-■■■■ bars, stainless visors and marker polls, bin em! :wink:

bullitt:

The interior is pretty much standard. I have no plans for leather retrim or anything.

absolutely cracking looking motor :smiley:

Had one of them on a D plate & in my opinion the best scanny ever made!!!
Can i have it please? :wink: :wink:

that 142 is tip top mate i’d drive it :smiley: v8 twin stacks it must sound great proper lorry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

looks great mate, top work

Great pictures mate,wonder if you can help me locate a new set of step plates for a 142 A REG under sesious resteration.

Mechanic 77,that 142 is looking nice.
I only drove a 142 once,it was a 6x2 tag with twin wheels on the rear axle.I took it for a spin up the link road from Penarth rd to the m4 and back.The power really surprised me.It belonged to a guy from Taff wells,was white and blue on an F plate.She was really smart.I can’t remember the owners name,he never really worked her hard,but I believe a couple of months later he sold her to Cardiff Transport.She would of earned her keep there,from honeymoon to hell in one day.
X valley boy,Paul.

heres a few photos of a 142 that im restoring…E400 EHG…im told it was owned by lance biscomb of preston and it could have ran under a private plate…any gents with any history of it ■■?

photo of the newer cab fitted

photo of the old cab we took off

all 3 series itemshave been stripped off cab and replaced with 2 series stuff since photo was taken.surprisingly the 2 series dash bolts straight into the 3 series cab without any mods !!!

picture of another ex UK 142 here in ireland…