Well kept Scania

This was in my mates yard today having a repair on the trailer,
you don`t see many about now in that condition and still working hard

Thats in nice condition isn’t it!

There’s one round here owned by a O/D on an M reg, that pulls off a local industrial estate every day on a run, I think, of tiles. Will get some pics next time I see it if anyone’s interested.

Its totally black, with no livery or anything on it, pulls a while curtainsider.

Alex

I am interested, the more pics on here the better i say :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
even if all the other drivers at our place have been telling me to get a life for the last few years :laughing:
but they have started asking lately if i have any pics of this motor or that motor :unamused:

You mean this ISN’T a life??

Yep it be a tidy motor the Calypso 113 - its the last one left from a batch
bought new by the firm. Much of the companies work is undertaken by outside
hauliers, and this particular Scania is driven by the same driver every day,
who has a smile on his face every time I see him :slight_smile:

i had of these an ex macro truck and i loved it great truck when i first passed my test. i wouldn mind another go at the wheel. :laughing:

Here is my 1988 143 450bhp 6x4 still working hard at up to 85 tons gross on lowloader work on and off sites not light boxvan work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards Pat

ohh yes now your talking 143 with stacks up the back of the cab :sunglasses: best truck scania ever made :exclamation:

agreed!! what do you think to the later 3 series the streamlines?

there all good as long as there v8 with stacks up the back for the sound :sunglasses: or nice side pipes love the sound of a v8 :sunglasses: 143 scania are still one of the best trucks of all time :smiley:

Ainacs,

Is that a CAT 983 on the low-loader on the 3rd pic down?

i don’t want to be argumentative but that calypso 113 scania hasn’t always belonged to them, it was owned from new by scania and leased to tibbet and britten in preston brook, it was origionally red in b&q colours. it came off lease in about 1998-9 and was then bought by calypso in about 2001 and repainted and fitted with many new parts, since then it has been painted again in the colours it’s in now.

Sorry but can’t see the pictures. Any chance of posting them again?

Reason I ask is I used to drive for Calypso back when they had ERF’s. I think they now have no wagons and contract out all the work

:laughing: keep that scania 143 mint cos its mine in a few years always need a tidy mascot for a truck styling company