Finally got a restoration project

Hi, Scania 27.

Looks like you 've got a nice machine to work on. A lot of people would be making that earn money down the road.

I’m sure Bert will help you do a good job , and don’t forget to keep that garage tidy, it’s got a lot of memories in it.
Good luck with the restoration ,I will look out for it at Gaydon next year.

Cheers Bassman

Hello Scania27
Cracking restoration project.Keep the photos coming.
Regards Jacko

now then bassman, i think your getting confused with workshops as its in keith burgins old workshop next door at the minute, and hopefully she’ll be out next year as part restored, gaydon will be a definate!! Thanks for the comment R-jacko it gives you alot of inspiration!

Hi, Scania 27
Keeping it tidy still applies , spent many an hour in that one as well with Digger and Rugby trucks.
Keep the pics coming cos it’s looking good.

Cheers Bassman

Shes a right gem,looking well keep up the hard work pal!

Looks well Bassman keep us all up to date with the photos. :smiley: :smiley:

good on ya mate ,have you had all the plastic stuff off under the cab around the wheel archs ?just on with doing a strip down and a spray job on our 1995 143 m tg axle streamline r cab . found the tin work that supports the plastic liners under the wings were totaly shot at . cut out and replaced now . chassis primed just on with rubbing cab down . lots of work for one man on his own . :slight_smile: you keep up the good work and most of all dont let problems get ya down cos ya bound ta git snags :laughing: steve

hello steviev8 ive not had the plastics off yet, gona delve into that next year who knows what surprises are in store haha ive found plenty already, and ive hit a fair few snags i find you forget about them and work round them after abit of thinking time with a beer, have you got any pics of your streamliner?

took the 143 for a roadtest other week, ran sweet as a nut just had a couple of little problems. exhaust brake butterfly stuck on and intercooler hose blew off, sorted them jobs out and its just a totally different truck now.

my wheels before abit of elbow grease was put in!!

cut down the fifth wheel bed to a standard size

got tailpipe fitted, needs lengthening though

Hi, Scania27

The projects coming along real nice now, not be long before the T-Cut is out, and then some nice signwriting.
You’ve done well

Cheers Bassman

be a long time yet until its finally finished, its just nearly ready for type approving and registering over here, then am gna get cracked on with the cab in 2014 and hopefully she’ll be all finished and painted and signwritten, it would be done now if the snag of money to pay for things wasnt a problem haha

hi scania 27 looks bloody great credit to you seems like yesterday we were talking to each ather about your scania in russ fenwicks yard regards rowland

hello rowland i found a picture of your f89 you bought from russ on the internet before he bought it, cant seem to find the link though

flickr.com/photos/64012895@N … 06803@N21/

thats the link there rowland

does anyone know the history of this truck? 96 SO 2088
Cheers

96SO2088.jpg

Dont know about a restoration project,this looks like it`s ready for work , they never seem to age.I had a 1996 113 380 topliner and loved it

ive gotta say it looks better in a photo, sounds crisp though itll kepp me busy for a fair while

Looks real nice that does mate. I would love a truck of my own to do up and take to shows. Keep us posted and take plenty of pics as i like seeing projects shape up :wink:

Al