Falcongate wallasey

hello all,
just wondering after seeing toc great picture of a falcongate daf if anyone else might have caught one of them on camera?

heres hoping!
many thanks
pete

Hi Pete,apart from this one i put on the Trucking in the 80s international thread

the only other one iv seen is this one on The 70s middle east thread,im supprised there havnt been any more :wink:

cheers mate,
i know cant seem to find any pics of them on the net, i might have a drive down to their old yard tomorrow which is now a small trading estate i saw the old bunkering tank there a few years back with the falcon motiff on it, wonder if its still there?..

Barry Longden took this photo of one of Falcongates who he met up with somewhere but I never asked him where it was taken.

ive got one of there ads on the back of a freight forwarding mag daf with a low loader will find it for you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

cheers mushroomman and dreva any help would be very much appreciated… :slight_smile:

modelling this pete?

hiya tony,
yep mate once ive finished the merc wagon and drag (see pics in model truck thread) then i fancy a go at modelling a falcongate artic, got the kits in my stash so will be good to go soon…

nice one, look forward to seeing it

what you got going on then tony anything we can a sneaky look at?.. :slight_smile:

wirralpete:
what you got going on then tony anything we can a sneaky look at?.. :slight_smile:

sudden accident 401 on the go, will pop some pics up in next week or so, currently in the paint booth (garage) lol

oooo sed atk sounds good mate!

Falgongate DAF & my Iveco taken in Hungary.

Dave.

cheers dave!
slowy getting more reference pics for my model, much apprciated… :slight_smile:

Did John Weedon drive for Falcongate ■■? or manage it ■■? :question:

hi pete u ok mate 2 good pals of mine drove for falcongate sure they got plenty of pics mate will have a word :smiley:

There were some smashing blokes on for Falcongate, it was the first company I knew who really controlled costs, they had just enough fuel, just enough money and the lorries were kept in good nick.

Well that is how they came across to me, they also had enough time for a drink on the way :blush:

Wheel Nut:
There were some smashing blokes on for Falcongate, it was the first company I knew who really controlled costs, they had just enough fuel, just enough money and the lorries were kept in good nick.

Well that is how they came across to me, they also had enough time for a drink on the way :blush:

Wheel nut
Did you meet Roy Tatlock, he was on for Falcongate for a while. I remember when he smuggled his bird out of Romania !! we crossed paths in Hungary when the rain froze on the motorway and everything came to a sliding standstill. He got her into Austria I think, That was about 1987.
I dont think that went down very well with the boss !!
GS

Actually, thinking back…It was 1981, and I was on my way back from Rome (18yrs old shhh!!) a few days before Christmas.
I had come back via the Brenner after being weekended on The Italian/Austrian border ( could it have been Klausen ■■) When I pulled in at a services in Southern Germany in the old DAF 2800, there was a Falcongate motor. I went in to the restaurant for the obligatory Currywurst mit Pommes and i met a bloke called Jerry. We got talking and he told me that he was on his way back from Baghdad. His deisel had all waxed up and the motor was filthy and it was then that I knew that I was going to become a Middle-East driver, when I was old enough to get my Class 1.
As soon as I was 21, after 5 lessons, I held a Class 1 HGV and after a year on UK work I started my continental career.
The next time I met Jerry was on my way back from Istanbul, en-route to Pascani, in the heart of winter.

I was battling through the deep snow somewhere North of Roman when I came across a Falcongate truck parked up in a layby. I pulled in behind it and went to see if the guy was ok and low and behold, Jerry was in the drivers seat. He told me to get my cup as the kettle had just boiled, it was about 1am. We had a brew and a good old chat and then I was on my way again…

So Jerry,
If you are out there, Thank you. You are responsible for my interesting and enjoyable career. :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:
Best regards
GS

hello ed, hows you buddy?..
that would be great if you could have a word with them mate, many thanks