James Nicholas

Wondering if theres any pics of their motors around.
They used to do mainly removals but had a few units on international general haulage.
Mainly Dafs,red and white livery . Ran out of Swindon then Wooton Bassett.

Hi Suedehead,heres some from my old pal Adrian Cypher,he was told of your request in the pub by trucknetter Shakysteve,he then spent hours sifting through thousands of pics and came up with these,he then got them copied at Boots,then posted them to me so you could see them on here.What a good ol’boy he is.Cheers Bubbs,

bubbleman:
Hi Suedehead,heres some from my old pal Adrian Cypher,he was told of your request in the pub by trucknetter Shakysteve,he then spent hours sifting through thousands of pics and came up with these,he then got them copied at Boots,then posted them to me so you could see them on here.What a good ol’boy he is.Cheers Bubbs,

Bubbs as you say Good Ol Boy ,theres only a few of us left ,Duecenhalf will be glad to see those J/N shots as well ,and thanks for your email ,regards Shakysteve.

hey wow thanks guys , i only worked for james nich for just over a year , i was a truck mechanic for them along with my mate neil ashford when they were at wootton bassett , also when they were busy did a spot of portering . good old days really , that volvo was one of two & they ran weekly with a drag trailer all around europe doing MOD removals . did learn one thing tho apart from the boobytrapped boxes in the back was if you move house to keep the cuppa’s going & the guys would work all day long & sometimes into the night !

Bubbs, you have come up trumps again. Pass on my thanks to Adrian.The F6 was piloted by “Big Norm” iirc.
Did my last run in the G reg 95.It was driven down solo to Malliat by a driver called Mick? to rescue me (the 3600 i had expired) carried on into Itie tipped and reloaded then came home.
Dont suppose youve got any pics of D779 LAT? :laughing: . . Thanks again.
Ps bit of a long shot,anybody got any footage of when they did the Rumo aid convoys in the 80s?

Suedehead:

Here she is Andy :wink: Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Bubbs, cant thank you and Adrian enough for finding those pics,especially the one of D779.
Call me an old softie but the day it expired nr Malliat , at the time,felt like the worst day of my life!!
Its still probably still down there being used as a chicken house :cry:
Thanks again.

Suedehead:
Bubbs, cant thank you and Adrian enough for finding those pics,especially the one of D779.
Call me an old softie but the day it expired nr Malliat , at the time,felt like the worst day of my life!!
Its still probably still down there being used as a chicken house :cry:
Thanks again.

nice to see the old girls fab picturers had hour,s of fun working for J/n all good motor to work on not like todays trucks :smiley:

oh look at them …memories flooding in now , hey up bold bloke lol , you mean we created hours of fun in between working haha but then again i do remember doing an volvo engine rebuild late one night with me working underneath & you on top end & a certain person dropped a sweet paper down thru chassis rail shouting …summat heavy !! …then p*ss himself laughing watching me roll away & getting tangled up around an axle ggggrrrr :laughing:

do you know what dont they look like proper trucks , bit of character about them not like todays computerised euroboxy things !

duecenhalf:
do you know what dont they look like proper trucks , bit of character about them not like todays computerised euroboxy things !

Did either you or bold bloke,go down to Beaune with Roy,to fit a new water pump on D779?

bubbleman:

Suedehead:

Here she is Andy :wink: Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Bubbs was the J/N MAN ex anchor butter? Steve.

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:

Did either you or bold bloke,go down to Beaune with Roy,to fit a new water pump on D779?

Hello suedehead not us two but may have been Clive or Gerry ? I can, t think of anyone else who may
Have gone but will try and make some enquire, s and will let you know

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:

Hello suedehead not us two but may have been Clive or Gerry ? I can, t think of anyone else who may

dont think it was duecenhalf ,he gets a nose bleed going to cricklade each day LOL !!!

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:

For the life of me ,i cant remember the name of the bloke that did the maintenence :neutral_face: when i was there but i heard he wasnt even time served but was an “engineer” in the railway works.Might have been clive?. . wore a cap and drove a Landrover.

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:

Didnt a chap called Bernie Flatman do a bit of work on the lorries @ Whitehill?

Suedehead:

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:

my old mate Bernie ,used to look after the Arkells fleet i think ?

shakysteve:

Suedehead:

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:

my old mate Bernie ,used to look after the Arkells fleet i think ?

He also used to do a “bit” of work on my cousins motors.

Suedehead:

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:

For the life of me ,i cant remember the name of the bloke that did the maintenence :neutral_face: when i was there but i heard he wasnt even time served but was an “engineer” in the railway works.Might have been clive?. . wore a cap and drove a Landrover.

I’m do’nt think that was bernie flatmen think in was Roy’s son-in laws farther Mr aflec nice old boy clever .

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:

I’m do’nt think that was bernie flatmen think in was Roy’s son-in laws farther Mr aflec nice old boy clever .

Sure it was John aflac time to thing over night ha ha