James Nicholas

no wasnt me who went abroad had been made reduntant then …anyway as shakeysteve says i get a nose bleed after 10 miles haha , yeh i can remember dave affleck working there after neil (bold bloke ) & i left as i was working back in bryan bros next door again , also can recall bernie there as well , who i believe is still tinkering around

oops after speaking to bold bloke it seems i got the affleck names the wrong way round … well i’ve had a few nights sleep since then ! it seems that john helped out in the workshop ! this thread has really got the brain matter working lol

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

bold bloke:

Suedehead:

duecenhalf:
do you know what dont they look like proper trucks , bit of character about them not like todays computerised euroboxy things !

Did either you or bold bloke,go down to Beaune with Roy,to fit a new water pump on D779?

Hello suedehead not us two but may have been Clive or Gerry ? I can, t think of anyone else who may
Have gone but will try and make some enquire, s and will let you know

For the life of me ,i cant remember the name of the bloke that did the maintenence :neutral_face: when i was there but i heard he wasnt even time served but was an “engineer” in the railway works.Might have been clive?. . wore a cap and drove a Landrover.

I’m do’nt think that was bernie flatmen think in was Roy’s son-in laws farther Mr aflec nice old boy clever .

It was Bernie that told me that Roy was looking for a driver to do Itie, i had just “left” Mfp and went to see Roy and he gave me the start 2 days later.The work at the time was for Ashworth Preece.
The other drivers at the time iirc were Roger from Rodbourne and a little chap from NI . . Pete?