Falcongate wallasey

GS OVERLAND:

Wheel Nut:
There were some smashing blokes on for Falcongate, it was the first company I knew who really controlled costs, they had just enough fuel, just enough money and the lorries were kept in good nick.

Well that is how they came across to me, they also had enough time for a drink on the way :blush:

Wheel nut
Did you meet Roy Tatlock, he was on for Falcongate for a while. I remember when he smuggled his bird out of Romania !! we crossed paths in Hungary when the rain froze on the motorway and everything came to a sliding standstill. He got her into Austria I think, That was about 1987.
I dont think that went down very well with the boss !!
GS

I met several who’s names escape me, but they all had time for me and my inexperience. I did meet Howard Hughes later on, after Falcongate. I was in the Londra at Kapik with John Roberts, that was my last distance trip with my own motor.

I had forgotten that Howard Hughes worked for Falcongate in the late 80’s. We had quite a few good times over the seven years that we worked together and he was not one of those who didn’t like getting his wallet out.
Here is Howard in the blue shirt many years later.
I am not sure if that is Jim Bagent in the back ground taking some photos. :confused:

R.I.P. Howard and Jim.

Yes some good Drivers on Falcongate :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: shame the company was S H I T to the reponse of a invoice for helping one of there subbies who broke down in Turkey,who was short of funds and like a wally I help him out and said I would invoice the company silly me the response was beyond belief,get the money from the driver ,this was how good this crap company was I say no more it makes my blood boil , :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Roger Haywood

sinbin31:
Yes some good Drivers on Falcongate :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: shame the company was S H I T to the reponse of a invoice for helping one of there subbies who broke down in Turkey,who was short of funds and like a wally I help him out and said I would invoice the company silly me the response was beyond belief,get the money from the driver ,this was how good this crap company was I say no more it makes my blood boil , :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Roger Haywood

Now where have I heard something like that before. :wink:

Re: Anybody remember this MIddle east running company
by sinbin31 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:56 am

You missed the point Steve ,I never said anything about the subbies ,it was Whittles as a company as far as i’m concerned they were crap, there was no relationship between themselves and other ownerdrivers who did not work for them,I wont go into detail but I was let down financialy by them for helping one of there drivers and was told to get the money from the driver ,as it was nothing to do with them,I saved them Thousands of pounds gutted was not the statement I would use END OF.

Roger
sinbin31SENIOR MEMBER Posts: 520Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:40 amLocation: south east england

Yes Steve

Worth another mention incase someone else thinks they were the dogs ■■■■■■■■ ,load of ■■■■■■■■ is about correct,

Roger

Hi Roger, I hope that you are well and I feel that I must be missing the point once again. :confused:
You mentioned in your post last month that it was Whittles ( yellow motors from Preston ) who alledgedly ripped you off and now you are saying that it was Falcongate from Birkenhead ( white tractors with blue trailers ) who ripped you off. :confused:
You really should type a bit slower as I am having trouble trying to keep up. :laughing:
If you remember Roger, when I wrote about when I first met you in a lay by in Czechoslovakia in the early eighties after the police had stopped us driving while the Friday afternoon driving ban was on, I mentioned that I was running with another lad from Dow called Howard Hughes. Howard was also from “darn South” as he once told me that he lived on a house boat in Chelsea during the swinging sixties. As Howard spoke “a bit posh” and as you and him did most of the talking throughout the afternoon, I presumed that the two of you must of met each other before.
Anyway, the two pictures above are of the same Howard Hughes that I was referring to a couple of years ago and maybe you might now recall meeting him at some time all those years ago. :smiley:

Regards Steve.

roger on about getting ripped of was there many ripped of by maverton of loughton essex regards rowland

rward:
roger on about getting ripped of was there many ripped of by maverton of loughton essex regards rowland

What ? Are you having a laugh ? Lew and Nigels’ band of happy band of men ? Never, :laughing: :laughing:
Cheers, Archie

archae paice were they the maverton owners regards rowland

yes Steve

Your quiet right it was whittles I have to oppoligise to all of Falcongate :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: it was a miss read on my part ,I hope no-one took humbridge it was a mistake, any Falcongate drivers subbies and bosses going to the ME drivers reunion at Skegness the beers are on me,

Roger

rward:
archae paice were they the maverton owners regards rowland

Hullo rowland,
Yes, I’m afraid so. Not bad guys at all. Just earning a crust just the same as anybody else :laughing: :laughing:
Cheers, Archie

hi archai maverton were bad eggs my brother and a guy called gary barcley done greece and i think bagdad conded them big time finished them nearly regards rowland

rward:
hi archai maverton were bad eggs my brother and a guy called gary barcley done greece and i think bagdad conded them big time finished them nearly regards rowland

Hullo rward,
Just a shot in the dark. You’re Brother was’nt Kenny was he? (The Essex One)
Cheers, Archie.

hi archai no his name was kelvin ward from cardiff of kelvin ward transport and gary barcly was o cockney boy living in cardiff subbing for r nessbert and sons till they went with them barstuardsrgards rowland

well started building the daf and ive now got the chassis complete can now start work on the cab and then trailer

Hi Pete,The Daf is coming on well mate,I found this last week and it may be of help…not one of my shots though but a good pic :smiley:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hello Pete,i also found these two, for more cab details if needed. :wink:

This one and the 3300 below it are brilliant photos for a modeller, they have every detail, the mismatched saddle tanks and delivery hose as well as the Arabic writing. The 2800 tractor is the first Falcongate unit I have seen that wasn’t registered in Scotland. Did they use sub contractors in their own livery?

Wasn’t the CK registration from Liverpool :confused: a couple of other Falcongate drivers were Big Jim Smethurst, Davie Faraday
and a Scottish lad called Gordon. There was a lad called Jim from Winsford and a fitter called Alan who I remember him taking his wife Barbara on a trip to Istanbul.

Regards Steve.

guys, you are stars! the detail on the cab is what i needed most and you come up trumps!..many thanks… :smiley: