Falcongate..........

Typed the name into google the other day as you do when your bored, found this…

falcongate.freeserve.co.uk/F … ebtwo.html

and this…

falcongate.freeserve.co.uk/website.htm.

Are they really still going doing M/E? Are they still as “cost concious” :laughing: as they used to be rumoured to be!! :open_mouth: :wink:

Just wondered…

bullitt

Funny that. I was thinking about Falcongate as I drove past the old office this morning.

The drivers were good lads but seemed to be on a very tight budget with running money and just enough fuel to do the job. Its a bit like formula one :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Guys
I just checked out the Falcongate website, and the photo of the P reg Transit van to me , seems a bit old!! for a company that is still operating. Also I dont know of anyone that still goes down the road with only 4 axles! Do you remember, they were only ever allowed to transit Rumo, and one of their drivers Roy Tatlock smuggled the Rumo bird out in his trailer, she almost got squashed under all the boxes of textiles. He got her out in Hungary, on a night when the rain froze on the road and everyone was slipping and sliding about the place, truck everywhere…
Are they still operating?
GS OVERLAND

It seems that Falcongate are still around but only involved in the Oil supply Industry. Maybe even linked up with Grampian International as I saw a unit with a Grampian flat trailer recently

Those F12’s are a few years old too,they are the early twin headlight model.

I thought Falcongate ran DAF’s almost exclusively?

I know up until a few years ago they had some trucks based in Great Yarmouth doing oil equipment supplies into europe.

Somebody will remember but I think all the trucks were Scots registered, possibly Aberdeen because they owned or had shares in the Daf Dealer up there. I think that is where I am getting the Grampian link from.

They definately had a base in Gr Yarmouth and Aberdeen. The webasite is an old one but someone must be paying for it still!

There’s a lad at our place who used to work for Falcongate doing mainly Turkey and some middle east.
He loved it.

jase:
There’s a lad at our place who used to work for Falcongate doing mainly Turkey and some middle east.
He loved it.

It was a good job Jase. I ran with a few of the lads who worked there. Sadly the names have gone. I remember Howard Hughes :stuck_out_tongue: and a lad who had a Romanian wife in the cab with him. The company gave them enough fuel to do the job, enough money to do the job and enough time to do the job. Anything left over was a bonus for the driver.

Another plus point was that they had accounts with customs agents on the borders in case of problems. Lesser mortals had to use other means, fair or foul to get through :smiley:

The lad’s name is John or as he is well known as “gypo”.Nice lad,got a few stories to tell.

I just found this clip of transport news in 2000

Grampian International Freight Ltd Falcongate House, Marine Park Gapton Hall Rd Great Yarmouth Norfolk NR31 0NB

Falcongate Freight Management is to close its Merseyside based trucking operation with the loss of 15 jobs. 22-Feb-2000

Currie European Transport, the Dumfries-based independent road haulage firm, has undergone a management buy-out for undisclosed terms. 27-Apr-2000

New Waves Logistics is to create up to 200 jobs when a distribution centre on Northampton’s Grange Park Industrial Estate is completed in August. 09-Mar-2000

Is this Andrew Tinkler from AW Developments?

A.H Tinkler Transport Ltd New England Barn, Ringstead Rd Sedgeford Hunstanton Norfolk PE36 5NQ

The only names I remember of Falcongate drivers are Tony Mizzen and Shaky George.This is going back nearly 30 years.