Divorce

I wonder what % of drivers are divorced and do they do day driving night driving or tramping
ive been on nights for a year after doing days for 13 years days not a problem nights a big problem the Mrs is not a fan & neither am I to be honest most of my colleagues on nights divorced colleagues on days not

One divorce to date…Not truck related. Current Mrs and I get on better cos’ I am not here much. We row when I’m here cos’ I get bored!!!

I don’t quite understand this to be honest. If being apart from someone you love is painful for you then you should savour the time you do have together rather than run for the exit.

Perhaps these marriages are not so happy it would seem.

divorced tramper here, was happily married for 20 years then got a day job and realised we couldn’t get on for more than 24 hrs :smiley:
tramping again now, its not a job, its a way of life :smiley:

We’ve been together for nearly 28 years. We act like we’ve just met. She goes on the odd trip abroad with me.
We make the most of being together when we are.
We have some good arguments. She’ll hit me with a pan when I need it. But the making up is good.
Divorce is for ■■■■■■■.

Got offered European Trampers job few years back spoke to the Mrs didn’t take it money was good at the time but not for me don’t think I could do tramping to be honest like coming home everyday

Work to live not live to work.

Got divorced years ago on days, now I drive days , nights, tramping, trunking, I’ m just happy to work , glad I have a job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Miaow.

It isn’t just the wives/partners that suffer, a work mate admitted his son wasn’t quite sure who the guy was who turned up at his house every week!!
And there has been a few of them divorces going on with some of the other drivers, but they never learn, they end up getting married again!

mjallby:
I wonder what % of drivers are divorced and do they do day driving night driving or tramping
ive been on nights for a year after doing days for 13 years days not a problem nights a big problem the Mrs is not a fan & neither am I to be honest most of my colleagues on nights divorced colleagues on days not

Working nights is fantastic contraceptive, I worked nights for 6 years and I’ve had more off the Mrs in the last year (doing 2-3 nights out a week) than I probably got in all the time I worked nights.

However I loved the shifts, but like I said it nearly ruined my relationship.

Divorce years ago got rid of him or did he get rid of me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: We get on great now we dont live together not driving related though

Happy working mainly night which I dont mind pleased to have a job

Split up with my mrs a few years back after being together for over 20years, I’d just started driving before I met her. I’ve worked mostly tramping with the odd stint on nights (which I hated). Where I’ve been living a bulk of the work seems to be working away, there just wasn’t any day work about unless you wanted to work for buttons. She’d complain about having no money (kids, bills, the usual like everyone else) so that was my only option. Worked my arse off for years and all I walked away with was what I had in the truck, she’s kept the lot and still takes some of my pay !!!

Fifty years wed next July, and wouldn’t change a minute of it.
I guess we just got it right first time. :smiley:

markoc:
Split up with my mrs a few years back after being together for over 20years, I’d just started driving before I met her. I’ve worked mostly tramping with the odd stint on nights (which I hated). Where I’ve been living a bulk of the work seems to be working away, there just wasn’t any day work about unless you wanted to work for buttons. She’d complain about having no money (kids, bills, the usual like everyone else) so that was my only option. Worked my arse off for years and all I walked away with was what I had in the truck, she’s kept the lot and still takes some of my pay !!!

I walked away with very little he got most of & no didnt take much of his pay he only payed a small amount for the kids in 20 years it never changed in fact it went down a small amount

If you get married why then get in a truck and go away for 5 or 6 days leaving her to look after family, house and everything else. If you want a single life maybe best to stay single.

I’ve been on nights for four years now, and before that I was tramping for two years. During that time I and my girlfriend bought a house together and we’ll be getting married in November. So I should be able to give you all some news on the divorce in 18 months or so. :laughing:

mac12:
If you get married why then get in a truck and go away for 5 or 6 days leaving her to look after family, house and everything else. If you want a single life maybe best to stay single.

If you see the same person day in day out. You run out of things to talk about. The relationship could become stagnant. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Taking the wife on an adventure can be fun, and taking the kids away for a week could give the wife some time on her own. When the kids get back they have loads of stories and new swear words to tell mum.

The thing is, when we become truckers, lorry drivers, we are like kids with a new toy, and therefore revert back to our boys days. So once we are married, and after being home everynight, our hormones start playing around with everything, cos thats about the same time as we wanna go far and wide. All this happened to me, and being married to wife number 1, was when i was on international work, we lived with her parents anyway, we had the upstairs of the house, and i yearned for the middle east, and although i had applied to be a driver on that run,. i never told her until i got the job, then told her i will be away for a few days, it ended in a few weeks…but we eventually divorced…wife no 2 was ok, with me going away for days on end. long periods apart, she started to play the game so to speak, i stopped the long distance, but things never worked out, and she left home, i got control of the kids and the home ( well i paid for it anyway, ) she never worked, was an alcoholic, and basically life was a ■■■■■, but she eventually asked for the kids back, to live with her again, and when the kids agreed, i went looking for international work work, and luckily for me, a mate had 4 trucks running Turkey, for Roy and tanker bill, so i worked on there, until i got the chance to buy my own, then i met my present wife 30 years ago, in Bulgaria, and we`ve been together ever since, and raised 5 girls, so all in all transport can wreck a marriage or may make it stronger, depends on the woman, but my wife was brought up to believe that the bread winner, had to work wherever the bread was, and if that included being away, ( like service men/women ) so be it. For as we all know sacrifices sometimes have to be made, and we often question ourselves if the job, or the money really was worth it, for if the truth be told, i am still in love with my first wife, and often think about her, she was my rock and my childhood sweetheart, and i gave her up for this industry, and my dreams.

Been tramping for 25 years, 40th wedding anniversary in June so we must be doing something right