Lorry driver relationship issues

Hi there,I started my driving career about a year ago and my boyfriend dumped me recently.He said he wants family and someone around him.I thought that he is a weirdo.Until recently spoke to another driver and he says he has the same problem,he can’t find a girl who is able to tolerate his working pattern and being away.Is this a real problem if you are a driver?So,when I signed my contract with my employer,did I sign my status of being single forever from now??

I’m free! :stuck_out_tongue:

Im guessing youre tramping.
If you want family get a day job, like what I did.
Theres always Harrys offer, he might not be fussy. You`ll need seasick tablets though.

I am 44 and don’t want family.I mean I got kids but they are old enough to put up with my job…

Marry another driver. Worked for me. :grimacing:

Tramping in a relationship can and does work, but only if you have the right woman (or bloke in the o/p case) as I have. :sunglasses:
(Woman not bloke btw :laughing: )

If the trust and bond is strong enough nothing can ■■■■ things up.
I think I prefer it that way instead of living in each other’s pockets, and our relationship has proved strong enough to deal.with time away from each other…maybe that’s the main reason we’ve been together so long, as absence keeps things fresh I reckon.

Christ this is a bit heavy, I could be in danger of losing a few butch points if I carry on like this :blush: :laughing:

In all of my working years at sea and on the road I have always spent long periods away from home, could that be the reason I am on wife number 3 and I think this one will be the last of 23 years and counting … :slight_smile:

Since I started driving for a living, my relationships haven’t exactly gone to plan.
5 year relationship, down the pan,
13 year relationship/marriage, down the pan,
2 year relationship, down the pan,
2 1/2 year relationship, still going strong and this time it could be for life (Here’s hoping)
We’ve both got kids (me 4) (her 2).
We are now both at the age of not wanting any more which is good as the doctors have taken the prospect of that happening away from me, thank god, can’t be doing with anymore tiny feet running around.
We love our own space and we get on well with me being away.
Relationships are only as good as what you make them in this sector.
So go forth and do what you want to and do as you feel best to see where it takes you.
Failing that, Harry’s offer will be a good option for you. Lol

Sent using smoke signals

I don’t think the job has any bearing on it, if you’re a match it will work out, if you’re not, it wont, regardless of what you do for a living.

Lorry drivers are usually happy in their own company, a partner who is needy and demanding isn’t a good match for that type of personality, square pegs don’t fit into round holes etc.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

And then some of us have a solid, stable and meaningful relationship taken from us by Dementia/Alzhiemers……All I know is that we are here for a short time, so enjoy yourselves as much as you can, to the max.

Lucy:
Marry another driver. Worked for me. :grimacing:

Me too!

Annabellina:
Hi there,I started my driving career about a year ago and my boyfriend dumped me recently.He said he wants family and someone around him.I thought that he is a weirdo.Until recently spoke to another driver and he says he has the same problem,he can’t find a girl who is able to tolerate his working pattern and being away.Is this a real problem if you are a driver?So,when I signed my contract with my employer,did I sign my status of being single forever from now??

You need someone like me but not me as I’ve already got a woman :open_mouth: you could drive my lorry while I stay here tinkering with my vintage lorries n digger I’ve already got kids that have left home and I’ve had the snip :wink: and am only 41 ,I could save all the house work for you to do at the weekend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Annabellina:

You need someone like me but not me as I’ve already got a woman :open_mouth: you could drive my lorry while I stay here tinkering with my vintage lorries n digger I’ve already got kids that have left home and I’ve had the snip :wink: and am only 41 ,I could save all the house work for you to do at the weekend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope Annabellina can rope and sheet!

Harry Monk:

I’m four and a half

Harry Monk:

I’m cheap! :smiley:

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

peirre:

Harry Monk:

I’m four and a half

:laughing:

att:
And then some of us have a solid, stable and meaningful relationship taken from us by Dementia/Alzhiemers……All I know is that we are here for a short time, so enjoy yourselves as much as you can, to the max.

Amen to that.

I started international work when she was 20. I didn’t see her again until I finished driving and she found me on Facebook. We have been together two years and she is 50 next year [emoji23]

Well you can’t rush into these things!

Wheel Nut:
I started international work when she was 20. I didn’t see her again until I finished driving and she found me on Facebook. We have been together two years and she is 50 next year [emoji23]

Well you can’t rush into these things!

She was waiting until you grew up !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Being apart puts a strain on any relationship. For most of my married life I wasn’t driving, but when I went back to it after redundancy, it was a big adjustment for my wife. Sitting at home on her own in the evenings when I was away was the worst part and I only did one or two nights out a week.

I was working for an agency then, so if there was anything I needed to be available for like a parent’s evening, I could take the day off. Even so, after a few years, I switched to a day job, even though it was less money, so I could be home every night.