Lorry driver relationship issues

Santa:
Being apart puts a strain on any relationship.

But on the other hand I’ve known several trampers who have been in very long term relationships who have switched to day work “So me and the missus can spend more time together” and then six months later they are divorced. :wink:

att:
All I know is that we are here for a short time, so enjoy yourselves as much as you can, to the max.

One certain way to achieve that, I’ve found, is not to have a relationship.

Santa:
Being apart puts a strain on any relationship. For most of my married life I wasn’t driving, but when I went back to it after redundancy, it was a big adjustment for my wife. Sitting at home on her own in the evenings when I was away was the worst part and I only did one or two nights out a week.

I was working for an agency then, so if there was anything I needed to be available for like a parent’s evening, I could take the day off. Even so, after a few years, I switched to a day job, even though it was less money, so I could be home every night.

Ditto to that.

I got divorced after 28 years in 2015, and while not all of it was down to the job, it didn’t help.

I remarried in 2016, but I had known my now wife since 2009, and we were purely friends without benefits. However, she came out of a turbulent marriage, mine had finished, and it just went from there.

I now do day work only, have adjusted to less hours and less pay, but couldn’t be happier.

Ken.

Harry Monk:

Santa:

But on the other hand I’ve known several trampers who have been in very long term relationships who have switched to day work “So me and the missus can spend more time together” and then six months later they are divorced. :wink:

I suspect the writing was already on the wall when they decided they needed “to spend more time together”…

Roymondo:

Harry Monk:

Santa:

I suspect the writing was already on the wall when they decided they needed “to spend more time together”…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that goes along with the classic " trial seperation to have a bit more space " :slight_smile:
if i was the op then id have got my hooks into the driver mentioned in the 1st post…peas in a pod.

I’m surprised Dozy hasn’t chipped in with his musings on work, marriage and relationships

peirre:
I’m surprised Dozy hasn’t chipped in with his musings on work, marriage and relationships

I very much doubt Dozy is even bothered with all this now that he has jacked it and left the country. (Apparently)

Sent using smoke signals

I’m married to a former router/planner and ex-retail manageress.

Works for me! :slight_smile:

Winseer:

Let me guess, she tells you where to go and then goes off and spends your money

peirre:

Winseer:

Let me guess, she tells you where to go and then goes off and spends your money

Erm… Yeh, as it happens. :blush: :blush: :blush:

ezydriver:

att:
All I know is that we are here for a short time, so enjoy yourselves as much as you can, to the max.

One certain way to achieve that, I’ve found, is not to have a relationship.

+1 to both of these :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
You need someone like me but not me as I’ve already got a woman :open_mouth: you could drive my lorry while I stay here tinkering with my vintage lorries n digger I’ve already got kids that have left home and I’ve had the snip :wink: and am only 41 ,I could save all the house work for you to do at the weekend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Who said romance is dead…

Dave.

My kids are both grown up so know that 1 even my 5 year old granddaughter know my job that I am away all week as tonight she said will see you next Friday

Not in a relation ship now not been for a long time the job did have some bearing on this even though we were both drivers don’t really have time for a man in my life as when home ave too many other things to catch up on as son recently moved back from living away for 7 years

Find thing to do when you home if someone come along then fine but don’t get into the trap where the man wants a strong independent woman then when he gets her finds he doesn’t really want that he want him to mother him

This is why I refuse to do tramping or long unsociable hours. I have my C+E but currently drive a C for the social aspect.

Start at 8am and finish at 4pm Monday to Friday. The money is a bit crap but at least I have a life and don’t dedicate my existence to working.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not just lorry drivers.
I am away three weeks, home for a long weekend, then repeat. Couple of weeks off at Christmas and twice in the summer.
Works for us.
Paul

Sorry about your failed relationship. Its happened to me too. Dont beat your self up over it, therell be someone else. Some guys feel inadequate around lady truckers…

I have a new Mrs now ,I just need to borrow a hole saw :laughing: :blush: ,unless someone can put a starship cassette on :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
someone can put a starship cassette on :laughing:

I adopt the Lenny Henry character “Theophilus P. Wildebeeste” approach to the ladies, don the medallion and chest wig, and play the Miricles song “love machine and i won’t work for nobody but you”