Class 1 training in the west midlands

HI JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY COULD RECOMEND A GOOD PLACE TO DO MY TRAINING AND PRICES IM A VICTIM OF THE PATHWAY SCAM :frowning: THAT RESULTED IN ME LOSING OVER 2’000,WITH NO CHANCE OF GETTING IT BACK IM SO VERY WARY OF PLACES NOW,IVE HAD MY CLASS 2 AROUND 6YEARS ANDWITH OUT WANTING SOUND A SOB STORY IT WAS MONEY THAT MY FATHER LEFT ME AFTER HIS DEATH,THAT PATHWAY TOOK,ALTHOUGH MONEY IS TIGHT I FEEL I OWE IT MY DAD TO CONTINUE IN WHAT HE WANTED ME DO,ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT,IN OR AROUND SOUTH BIRMINGHAM/WEST MIDLANDS,OH JUST A QUICK WARNING TO OTHERS PATHWAY :imp: THEVE SET THERE SELVES UP UNDER ANOTHER NAME WITH A MAILING LIST.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome BEN BADGER :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS FOR C+E ARTIC, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

PS - using CAPSLOCK is regarded as SHOUTING on most sites :wink:

whisper…whisper… :smiley: ok many thanks & :smiley: ill try not SHOUT next time.

You can try J Coates www.jcoates.co.uk

ok thanks ill take a look i have seen a company called central transport training in wolverhampton anybody used them/views?? i did my original class 2 with anc parcels up in newcastle under lyme exellent 2 instructors but sadly dont think there anymore…im just very wary after the pathway thing although im not the only one thats been ripped off by them :imp:and without wanting sound a right ol whinger…i was made redundant from my old job im looking to upgrade as im tiring of agencys sending you to either dustcarts or jobs turn out be 7.5 ton and telling you dont worry youll get class 2 rate[wage packet says different :unamused: ]to even wagons another drivers defected yet as your agency they expect you turn a blind eye and drive it[even a bald tyre],i no a jobs a job nowadays and expected in the first year of passing…and dont expect everything to be easy.but feel after 6yrs theres more option with class c+e even if i have to start of with a agency :cry: to get my expierence im sure agencys are ok for some but they dont half mess people around…best stop whinging now… :slight_smile:

burnie1:
You can try J Coates jcoates.co.uk

I don’t think they have a west mids branch - do they ■■

Would Banbury Oxfordshire be to far to travel ?

NO not really depending on cost i have been assesed and told 8 days[mainly nerves&gears :blush: ] i dont need cpc just training and a test i do understand that assesments vary but 2 have said around 8days,i would travel if right course came up i dont mind if its 1 on 1 or have to share

You have a new email…

BEN BADGER:
ok thanks ill take a look i have seen a company called central transport training in wolverhampton anybody used them/views??

When i was doing my c and c+e saw a lot of CTT up at the reversing pad at Great Bridgeford and at the test centre (Sywnerton).
IF i remember correctly (which is always a struggle considering Ive been to sleep since then) :blush: its a Volvo FH12. They run out of a yard just down from Wolves ground.
When we were on break had a natter with the guys and they seemed to enjoy it and didnt have to bad of a word.

I used Grants of Cannock, strangely enough based in Cannock would you believe. However it was W&D and no doubt it would start discussion…

BEN BADGER:
without wanting sound a right ol whinger

Eh a happy driver is a whinging driver!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

£2000 for C&E training and test? That seems a bit steep to me :confused:

BEN BADGER:
ok thanks ill take a look i have seen a company called central transport training in wolverhampton anybody used them/views?? i did my original class 2 with anc parcels up in newcastle under lyme exellent 2 instructors but sadly dont think there anymore…im just very wary after the pathway thing although im not the only one thats been ripped off by them :imp:and without wanting sound a right ol whinger…i was made redundant from my old job im looking to upgrade as im tiring of agencys sending you to either dustcarts or jobs turn out be 7.5 ton and telling you dont worry youll get class 2 rate[wage packet says different :unamused: ]to even wagons another drivers defected yet as your agency they expect you turn a blind eye and drive it[even a bald tyre],i no a jobs a job nowadays and expected in the first year of passing…and dont expect everything to be easy.but feel after 6yrs theres more option with class c+e even if i have to start of with a agency :cry: to get my expierence im sure agencys are ok for some but they dont half mess people around…best stop whinging now… :slight_smile:

Hi Ben

I did both my C and C+E with CTT and I found them to be great - If you go the artic route with them its a FM12 with a 45Ft tri-axle trailer which i found great to drive. I can only say good things about them

:slight_smile:

tonka236:
Volvo FH12

m4rky:
its a FM12

That was actually blooming good for me! I admit fat finger syndrome!

tonka236:

tonka236:
Volvo FH12

m4rky:
its a FM12

That was actually blooming good for me! I admit fat finger syndrome!

:smiley: :smiley:

They can also provide the wagon and drag route too but I guess it depends on your needs

heello…thanks for everybodys help so far i spoke to ctt today and have a assesment tomorrow they seemed polite & helpfull also considering the banbury training…as for 2000 pathway price i did the guaranted pass thing…the cheeky buggers who set there selves up again must be using a old mailing/phone list as i still get calls,but just say "hello trading standards may we help you"and they just hang up :smiley: anyway thanks for all your help shall keep you posted,oh agency whinge of the day…4am get a phone call are available to newcastle 5drops good money…ok night out is it i ask? to which he replyd we cant pay you night out but the wage will cover it at £5.95 a hour and cant you just sleep across the seats…:laughing:i just put the phone down… :laughing:

heello…thanks for everybodys help so far i spoke to ctt today and have a assesment tomorrow they seemed polite & helpfull also considering the banbury training…as for 2000 pathway price i did the guaranted pass thing…the cheeky buggers who set there selves up again must be using a old mailing/phone list as i still get calls,but just say "hello trading standards may we help you"and they just hang up :smiley: anyway thanks for all your help shall keep you posted,oh agency whinge of the day…4am get a phone call are available to newcastle 5drops good money…ok night out is it i ask? to which he replyd we cant pay you night out but the wage will cover it at £5.95 a hour and cant you just sleep across the seats…:laughing:i just put the phone down… :laughing:

BEN BADGER:
heello…thanks for everybodys help so far i spoke to ctt today and have a assesment tomorrow

If that doesn’t work out, I’d suggest checking out Approved Vocational Training, based in Telford. Pretty much a one man band (Jim West). I did my C+E in a proper artic with him in January this year. Competent and straight. Trains and tests at the Shrewsbury Harlescott center, which in my opinion, is a much better place to do the test than Featherstone. Lower traffic density, simpler road system and a much higher pass rate than the Featherstone test center (that I think CTT test out of). I did my C licence back in 2006 at Featherstone, with Sterling .

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome A1ex :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

I did my C+E in a proper artic with him in January this year

I’ll assume you passed…

:smiley: :smiley:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

ROG:
. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome A1ex :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Thankyou.

ROG:
I’ll assume you passed…

Indeed, I did, thanks.

Now just have to persuade the agency to get me onto some class 1 work, as opposed to the longish term class 2 work they seem loathe to take me off. I suspect I’m going to have to tee up another agency, then present them with an ultimatum.

hello…went for assesment today at central transport training at wolverhampton.friendly&helpfull so decided to book a course start my c+e 16thmarch 5day course 50ft trailer/45ft/rather large trailer a bit nervous at first but friendly& very helpfull assesor, volvo training vehicle ok to drive & gears ok to,[think there replacing the volvo soon] lots of islands on that a449,shall keep you posted how i get on(no agency whinge today :laughing: ) not sure to go with weekday or saturday test,test held at featherstone,price is £930 or £910 for a weekday test anybody ever done test on a saturday■■? whats it like etc,wagon&drag vehicle i did look at but chose the artic course as felt it more suited for what i wanted in the future,w&d course is 5day is £645+test fee all prices are for a 5day course and include vat