OK....I know who NOT to train with, but

Hi all!

As mentioned in a previous post of mine, I’m trying to decide what company to do my training with. I have seen sooo many posts about Qualitas and Sterling, but that leaves a load of other schools, none of which get commented on. May i suggest that someone compile a list of sorts or maybe a thread where people can comment on the school they used? I reckon it will be a huge help to anyone like myself, who are a little more cautious with their hard earned grand in the bank. I desperately need my c+e licence so that i can escape the cr@phole of a place i’m working at at the moment, but I need to give myself the highest chance of passing possible (of course).

I’m actually looking for a decent school in the Birmingham/Worcester/Kidderminster area. If any of you remember who you did your training with in this area, could you please, PLEASE comment on it below?

Thanks in advance guys.

Is Gloucester/cheltenham too far :question: :question:

or coventry

Chelt/Gloucs/Cov all fine. Its only 4-5 days that i’ve gota travel the distance. surely thats a small price to pay for some decent training.

C&G have a good rep - I’ve spoken to their trainees and instructors and all seem happy.
If you use roadrunner training in Coventry make sure you get instructor Tony for C and CE

Hi Sooty,
Here’s a few to be thinking about

www.rtitb.co.uk/academy - Telford
www.topgear-lgv.com - Halesowen
www.centraltransporttraining.co.uk/index.htm - Wolverhampton
www.mdmtraining.com/pages/lgv.html - Wednesbury
and
Westgate Driver Training
Middlemore Lane, Aldridge, Walsall
Telphone 01922 455514 ( There is an answer machine for messages )

Meantime have a rumage through the forum and you’ll find lots of thread regarding Midlands based Training Schools.

Good Luck.

i just passed with j coates (C) :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: 21/5/08
cash lane Coventry
hard :cry: :blush: :wink: not a lot of (oh that/this etc etc was good) but hell :wink: do it the army way train hard fight easy :wink:

DRIVE TRAIN - EVESHAM

ROG:
C&G have a good rep - I’ve spoken to their trainees and instructors and all seem happy.
If you use roadrunner training in Coventry make sure you get instructor Tony for C and CE

rog you are being to nice :wink: i say if he is in cov use j coates :slight_smile:

Blimey…there’s a fair few options there!! Many thanks all of you. Will be on to C&G first on ROGS recommendation i think. :smiley:

ROG:
DRIVE TRAIN - EVESHAM

Now that looks like a good school! Now why couldn’t I find that!! :blush:
Good reviews by the looks of things too. Will definately give them a tinkle tomorrow.

SootytheSweep:
Blimey…there’s a fair few options there!! Many thanks all of you. Will be on to C&G first on ROGS recommendation i think. :smiley:

you will not go far wrong on his advice

SootytheSweep:
Good reviews by the looks of things too. Will definately give them a tinkle tomorrow.

Three reviews, and all done within a few days in January, and not a spelling mistake amongst them. :wink:

Call me an old cynic but…on the other hand, just call me a cynic. :smiley:

how cynical of you!! :slight_smile:

hmmm…yes, well…does seem a little suspicious.

SootytheSweep:

ROG:
DRIVE TRAIN - EVESHAM

Now that looks like a good school! Now why couldn’t I find that!! :blush:

I should have pointed out that they use the same airfield that I was on and I have had chats with their trainees and instructors at the airfield T-bar and all seemed very happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

• apart from the one trainee who could not get to grips with the artic reverse after 3 days of trying but he was the exception and the instructor had tried everything he knew but to no avail - I know, because we discussed if there were any other options available to help this trainee but there was not. :frowning:

Just been trying to call them but keeps going to answer phone! (i’ve got an answerphone phobia!).

Been in touch with my other local school today too, Phil Brown Drinkwater. He’s supposed to be getting back to me regarding available dates this evening, but i really want to look into this Evesham one first.

SootytheSweep:
Just been trying to call them but keeps going to answer phone! (i’ve got an answerphone phobia!).

Been in touch with my other local school today too, Phil Brown Drinkwater. He’s supposed to be getting back to me regarding available dates this evening, but i really want to look into this Evesham one first.

Take a deep breath and say your first name and then your phone number - they’ll call you :slight_smile:

SootytheSweep:
but i really want to look into this Evesham one first.

Not wishing to cast aspersions or seek to denigrate anyone in particular but…

is Evesham on the doorstep of a Test Centre?

And, IIRC, Phil Brown is based at Droitwich.

I’ll let ROG give his own opinion on this but surely when the first and final hours of a days training are essentially commuting then, whilst it is still worthwhile practice, are you not effectively funding a glorified taxi? Particularly when the size of the vehicle restricts the number of viable routes that can be used.

With regard to the comments about C&G, I concur. :wink:

I see what your saying…i think. I did get through to evesham in the end, and their price…1275! Thats 300 more than phil brown! I must admit, they sound like a very professional and very helpful bunch, but that extra 300 could be my back up fund in case i fail with phil brown. If i don’t fail, then i’m 300 better off. My mrs reckons i should try to haggle with Drivetrain. :slight_smile:

Krankee:

SootytheSweep:
but i really want to look into this Evesham one first.

Not wishing to cast aspersions or seek to denigrate anyone in particular but…

is Evesham on the doorstep of a Test Centre?

And, IIRC, Phil Brown is based at Droitwich.

I’ll let ROG give his own opinion on this but surely when the first and final hours of a days training are essentially commuting then, whilst it is still worthwhile practice, are you not effectively funding a glorified taxi? Particularly when the size of the vehicle restricts the number of viable routes that can be used.

With regard to the comments about C&G, I concur. :wink:

Very good point but you should be taught to drive the truck no matter where the test centre is, however, those that live in the area they are testing and know the roads from driving their car around them for a number of years, do have an advantage.
Going to an area you do not know and expecting to learn all the route roads within a week does not usually work - best that you remember the few tricky bits and use your general training to cope with the rest - no two roads are going to have exactly the same moving hazards on them every time you drive along them. A road is a road :exclamation:
So to conclude - Be a safe, good forward planning and anticipating driver with knowledge of any tricky bits on the test roads.