big gamble!!!

Havnt posted for a while, thankfully ive been working. I passed my cat c back in Jan this year, it was always my intention to get into cat c+e asap but things didnt work out. Ive got a mate on the class c+e for a well known supermarket near me and he has put me in touch with his tm after i said i realy want to get into that side of things.
Now then the tm has said he would offer me a job as soon as i pass, but he wont commit on paper. Do i take the gamble and do my c+e anyway and hope for the best, the money wont be wasted cause it was always my intention to do my c+e or do i stay where i am driving a clapped out scaffolding lorry till after xmas now or take the gamble. Help please guys :unamused:

If you can afford to do the CE then go for it.
If that particular job does not materialise then you always have the licence for future use
From what I’ve read recently on here, those with CEs get lots more options open to them.

why do people keep on asking this same old question?

if you have the money do it, it might not help you get a job now but will do in the fufture, what harm can it do?

even if he wont commit on paper then do it and see what happens then. you wont have lost anything as long as you dont jack your current job in until you land a new one (only a fool would do that at the moment)

if you can afford it and not miss the money too much then do it.

simples

as i thought Rog, just needed to hear it from somebody else mate, now got to find a good training provider, the company i used for my class c where realy good but only use wagon and drag so not much use to me. Will get the ball rolling now and do some research. Cheers Rog

I am in a similar position myself. My problem is I am busy with class 2 agency work so if i was to do a class 1 course now it would not only cost me the course and test fee but also a weeks lost earnings! Plus my job will of been filled by another driver!
Another problem is I will have to use a new school to learn with as the one I passed with teach class 1 with a wagon and drag which isn’t the way I want to go. I may end up with a complete numpty of an instructor, even if he has more than 25 years experience…

johnny boy:
Will get the ball rolling now and do some research. Cheers Rog

you’ve probably seen this before but here it is again -

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I shouldn’t take any notice of that Lee G idiot. He’s only been driving a few weeks and the navy paid for all his training. He knows f all about the job and even needs to use an hour guard. He’s too thick to even count. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If you need to know where all the gay bars are in Gosport, he’s the man in the know, being ex navy but trucking is all new to him.

enit?:
If you need to know where all the gay bars are in Gosport, he’s the man in the know,

How would you know that he knows !!! :unamused: :unamused: - are you two married :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

enit?:
I shouldn’t take any notice of that Lee G idiot. He’s only been driving a few weeks and the navy paid for all his training. He knows f all about the job and even needs to use an hour guard. He’s too thick to even count. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If you need to know where all the gay bars are in Gosport, he’s the man in the know, being ex navy but trucking is all new to him.

[I edited what i beat the censor with and referred to you as to save the mods a job but I still think you are one…]
As you are so clued up on it, could you explain to me how this ’ Lee G idiot’ has had his C since Nov 07 and his C&E since June 08 ,how he has only been driving a few weeks :question: Also could you talk me through how as ‘the navy paid for his training’, he sourced his own training firm and paid for his courses out of his own pocket BECAUSE IT’S SOMETHING HE’S WANTED TO DO SINCE HE WAS A KID :angry:

If anyone is the idiot here, I believe it is people who talk about things they know nothing about, rather than those who give others frank and to the point advice

It wasn’t me that started with the insults and it isn’t the first time this Lee G prat has posted offensive remarks against me. I took great offence last night and retaliated with some of my own.

enit?:
From what I can gather your a five minute wonder yourself. Isn’t the job your in now your first?

It wasn’t me that started with the insults.

I’m a five minute wonder? well yes I have recently started my first driving job, but blame that on my parents for not conceiving me sooner :exclamation: , I don’t preach to anyone about anything driving related or play the big I am to anyone on here or other sites I maybe on, as I’ve not ‘been there, done it and got the t-shirt’ which it seems people think you must have done to have the right to voice your opinions on things [please note that is in no way directed at you, that is the general idea I feel some members on here have.]

I wasn’t aware of any previous tension or insults communicated between the two of you, however I won’t stand by and listen to/read, when people who I consider to be good friends get slated and things said against them which are untruthful, which some of what you said was.

Now I’ll let you continue the mass debate amongst yourselves.

To the OP if you’ve got the money to do it then go ahead it will open up so many more opportunities to you, and not every company will knock you back if you’ve only recently passed :wink:

enit?:

i cant believe i have only been driving a few weeks and i guess you are right that the navy paid for my training, in fact your wrong, you did, with your taxes as they paid my wages and i paid for the courses out of those so thanks for that.

so only people that are thick use an hour guard? erm lets see shall we? how do you keep track of your hours then?

as for the gay bars in gosport i dont think there are any left since you left the area as they all went bust, and all the rent boys have moved on now cos youve left they dont get any trade anymore!

i wonder how giving someone advice about gaining a qualification that will improve his career prospects in the future is bad advice and should be ignored?

enit you real are a male chicken aint ya?

whats an hour guard?? :blush:

briandavies158:
whats an hour guard?? :blush:

viewforum.php?f=45

It’s fair enough to go without an hour guard when you just drive long distances and do 1-5 jobs every day, or use a digital tacho, but work like mine or multi-dropping approx 20 jobs per day where there’s a lot of other work and poa time (in little chunks) and you’re using a clapped out, knackered old truck with an analogue tacho; isn’t an hour guard a godsend to get the maximum out of your day??

I might get one of them hour guards… oh wait, i only do one drop a day :sunglasses:

just been searching for a company to do me c+e with, bit of a prob, i did my cat c with EP Training in leatherhead but they only use wagon and drag, there isnt anyone else near me now who use artics. I couldnt fault EP and would happily go with them but in reality i wont be driving a w&d. I could do it elsewhere but then ive got to stay in a b and b which will add to the cost. nothing is ever easy. :frowning:

johnny boy:
just been searching for a company to do me c+e with, …there isnt anyone else near me now who use artics.

I’m sure there is - what catchment area are you looking at - within X miles of ■■?

im in worcester park, surrey. Dont mind travelling Rog but didnt want to go to far out because i know how draining it is to concentrate hard all day.

johnny boy:
im in worcester park, surrey.

That’s where I was born and spent the first 5 years of my life - can’t remember much of it yet - just waiting till I get dementia - then I will :slight_smile:

johnny boy:
Dont mind travelling Rog but didnt want to go to far out because i know how draining it is to concentrate hard all day.

Would say, Slough be too far :question: