To c+e or not to c+e that is the question?

Just after a bit of advice I am recently passed class c driver as of yet I have no expericance what so ever as I have only just finished my module 4 and received digi card

I have recently singed up to a few agency’s and am just about to start “knocking on doors” hunting for work but I am currently in a stable job and my money has just gone up due to a slight promotion.

so what I am asking here is would I be better of sticking with my current job where I am earning stable satisfactory pay and putting myself through my c+e as that is my goal anyway and will surly make me more employable once complete

It’s just I don’t want to take a couple of days here and there from the agency and only just cover my bills/rent and have no chance getting my c+e

Thoughts please ? And thanks for your time

Kyle2643:
I have recently singed up to a few agency’s

Agencies can do more than just singe you - they can sometimes burn you so be careful :laughing:

Seriously, keep the job you have and do what days the EU weekly rest regs allow you to do

keep the job you have and do what days the EU weekly rest regs allow you to do

Like the man said.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Stick with your job til you get C+E and then look for driving jobs, either C or C+E.

That had been my plan, but in the end I found a driving job a few weeks after passing my Cat C test and was able to take voluntary redundancy from my old job before I took my C+E test. Got C+E passed now and not having much luck finding artic work, but I’m happy enough with the work and the experience I’m getting on the rigid!

signed *** walked into that one…

Okay where can i find out what hours i can work alongside a full time job, if someone could give me a quick example that would be grate thank you

Kyle2643:
signed *** walked into that one…

Okay where can i find out what hours i can work alongside a full time job, if someone could give me a quick example that would be grate thank you

What is your full time job? - example mon to fri 8am til 5pm

sunday to thursday 10pm to 6am i understand this will make things difficult :unamused:

Kyle2643:
sunday to thursday 10pm to 6am i understand this will make things difficult :unamused:

sunday 10pm to fri 6am leaves fri OR sat night free OR sat daytime free every other week