class 2 work

Hi guys passed my c+e last month as some of you mite know. Waiting on my liencse coming back and need to get ny digi also. Anyways friend of mine works for big haulage firm loading lorrys fork lift etc here in ireland. His car has broke down so i brought him to work today and just picked up tonight at 1am driving home he told me he mentioned to his boss or tm i had my full liencse. As i would of expected 1 years experince for c+e. But he said he would give me a try at class 2, just wondering what yous guys would do. Im not working at minute as you could imagine money would be great now :smiley: . I would be abs bricking it if i went a head with it. Tacographs etc. Just nerves. Suppose we were all like that. But hey have start somewhere. Remember ive no experince. C+e was were i wanted start but better nothing i suppose. Just wanted know what you guys think

Get on it pal, it’s all experience and it’s money, foot in the door.

Was saying that to the mate noney. May be if get in there ill get on the c+e. Just nerves 2 mate :laughing:

You can only try mate, and hopefully work your way up to c+e once your more confident

Try using calms(from chemist) to help your nerves

I know mate hopefuly c+e as well. I got calms for my c+e last month : :laughing: full box left :laughing:

Give it a go! I understand though, part of me is bustin to make use of my C+E licence and part of me is petrified!

There is a lot to remember; I’m going to make myself a sort of daily sheet covering walk around, boxes for breaks and reminders of rules, kind of a ‘dummys day sheet’ to help me to not forget anything. I’ll probably take a cheap kitchen timer with me too so I can’t forget the 4.5 countdown (and I’ll set it to 4.25 in case I can’t stop immediately). Let’s face it I’ll probably take all bar the kitchen sink ‘just in case’.

Just keep remembering how good it felt (when the drives went well) and that should help you through. Get in a bit early to give yourself extra time, have a checklist or bullet points to remind you what not to forget and most of all; breathe! :smiley:

good luck!

Blimey dont hesitate , bite his hand off , when the time comes and they need a c+e driver you will be there ready to take the reins after proving that you are a conscientious reliable driver go for it quick before he takes someone else on :open_mouth:

Thanks missis and jennie. Yep ill go for it. Should be dropping my friend to work today so ill give him my cv anyway. Even though his boss said he would give me go at it anyway. I left another cv into there c+e depot round the cornor from distruibution depot last week anyway :laughing: . But as you say if get in on 18ton first ill more likely get on c+e on down line. Just waiting on my liencse returning from 3wks ago when was sent away. Then to wait on digi card also. Got my cpc card last week. Thanks for advice guys apprecate it :smiley: