Cat C passed

Hi all,

been reading this site for a while now but wanted to wait to post until I had passed.

passed the Cat C and the CPC today :smiley:

Roll on C+E

Hargreaves in Leeds got me though it (mick) was my instructor and was very helpful

work have paid for it as its a position they need so dont worry, im not jumping into the market without thinking, the job came up so I applied and got it, c & C+E licences for free :slight_smile: (2 year commitment to my company but I wasnt planning on leaving anyway).

I do have a question though, my C+E is in 2 weeks, I’ve been advised not to send my licence off to have C entitlement added as if it doesnt come back in time my C+E will be delayed, so not sending it off yet, but does this mean I can legally go out and drive now? I have my pass certificates and a dated letter with my C+E date on it, or do I have to wait until its printed onto my licence?

Thanks in advance for any answers and thanks for the great site, spent many an hour reading and learned a lot from here.

Cheers

Danny

[quote=“Danny R”

I do have a question though, my C+E is in 2 weeks, I’ve been advised not to send my licence off to have C entitlement added as if it doesnt come back in time my C+E will be delayed, so not sending it off yet, but does this mean I can legally go out and drive now? I have my pass certificates and a dated letter with my C+E date on it, or do I have to wait until its printed onto my licence?

Thanks in advance for any answers and thanks for the great site, spent many an hour reading and learned a lot from here.

Cheers

Danny[/quote]
Congratulations Danny well done :smiley: :smiley:

Surely you will have to send your licence to be updated as you will not have a provisional C&E licence until you do this

Congrats Danny!

I’m a noob here myself, waiting to do my C course, so can’t offer too much of an answer for you. I think you may have to post off as you’ll get C+E provisional added to your licence with a C pass.

Something I’ve wondered myself, so await the official answer.

Edit: beaten by chevmac

CONGRATULATIONS Danny R on passing your C test & CPC , Good luck with your C+E :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hi mate,congratulations on passing your C. i am pretty sure you have to send your licence off to get your C entitlement applied before you can do your C+E,i did mine recently it only took 6 working days before it dropped on my mat,both for C and C+E respectively,i would check with your instructor though.i am sure you will get the right advise off here though mate as it certainly helped me.cheers,carl

wow, quick replies. thanks :slight_smile:

I did ask the girl at Hargreaves but she wasnt overly confident

Well done Danny,

Congrats on passing both - as already mention I’m very sure you have to send it off first to have your license upgraded and the C+E provisional put on it.

Your instructor should already know this but you could always call the dvla or wait for one of the old timers :smiley: on here to qualify the above responses.

Best of luck.

Danny R

Danny R:
passed the Cat C and the CPC today

CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING C AND CPC

I imagine the smile hasnt dropped yet? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Danny R:

AFAIK When the licence is sent off to be updated, DVLA also add the C+E entitlement to the counterpart. I think you will find you cant do the test until that is added. As said by others on here it shouldnt take long to have the C+E added to the mugshot…crimewatch photo…licence!! Thats the one!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Danny R:
Roll on C+E

:bulb: Prehaps its time to have a read thru the link in the signature to freshen up on the C+E aspects

Well done on the pass my instructor sent my licence off it only took a few days & was back but as has already been said think you have to send off to get C+E entitlement on

Welcome to the madhouse

Welcome Danny

Congratulations on your passes

Cant help you on question as saving up for my c+e so did not need quick return after passing c but to add that my licence was returned within 5 days so you should not have a problem seems everyones experience was the same

Jennie x