Is it.........

worth doing C+E, as a new cat C driver(since March). Cannot get a driving job (tho im in a 30k job which i hate :imp: :imp: ). So is it worth another £800 to take C+E or is it a waste !!!

jackg:
worth doing C+E, as a new cat C driver(since March). Cannot get a driving job (tho im in a 30k job which i hate :imp: :imp: ). So is it worth another £800 to take C+E or is it a waste !!!

A waste? No…

You just got to try everything to get a job, go and speak to employers, sign up to numerous agencies.

I think, if you have spent all that money getting your C licence and coming this far, then you should just go for the C+E. Might be what you need to make employers take notice. Keep trying and don’t give up, especially if you hate your job. I am in that position myself, I can’t stand my job but I just keep telling myself I’ll be doing what I love soon hopefully. :slight_smile:

i would love to have 30k…so you will turn down that job for what will probbily be half that pay…the grass is not allways greener my friend

Hi jackg. I faced that same question a month ago after passing my C licence. I was in two minds - do I go for C+E or maybe get a HIAB or Moffet ticket to make me more employable for class 2 jobs. In the end I opted for C+E and scraped together the last of my coppers to take the training.

At the end of the day it depends where you want to go with driving. I want to work on artics so for me it was important get the clock ticking on how long I’ve held the licence.

I hear ya on being in a job you hate. Not a good place to be. I finish my current job this Friday and have registered with a local agency and if there’s no driving next week will be combining harvesting spuds on a local farm with wearing out shoe leather making the rounds to transport firms and speaking to as many TMs as I can.

Not sure this helps pal but for what it’s worth there you go…! Good luck in whatever you decide.

Best wishes,

Lazlo

The better qualified you are, the more chance of a start. If you have the cash I suggest you go for it. But, as mentioned, you’ll probably take a pay drop but you have to weigh that up against being happy at work. There’s no guarantee you’ll be happier driving until you’ve done it. There isn’t a definitive answer to your question - go with your gut feeling. All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

you may hate your job but how many hours do you do for your 30k…to get anywhere near that as driver your going to be doing 60-70 hours a week…probably living in a tin box wondering the state of the shower room will be in sleeping in ■■■■ smellin lay bys or msa eating ■■■■■ food.

clarkyboy:
you may hate your job but how many hours do you do for your 30k…to get anywhere near that as driver your going to be doing 60-70 hours a week…probably living in a tin box wondering the state of the shower room will be in sleeping in ■■■■ smellin lay bys or msa eating [zb] food.

I work approx 54-57 hours aweek including weekends

No Bank holidays off (including Xmas day Boxing day & New Years day) :imp:

Only had 5 days off for sick in over 30yrs

Btw i work looking after livestock (pigs) :blush:

jackg:

clarkyboy:
you may hate your job but how many hours do you do for your 30k…to get anywhere near that as driver your going to be doing 60-70 hours a week…probably living in a tin box wondering the state of the shower room will be in sleeping in ■■■■ smellin lay bys or msa eating [zb] food.

I work approx 54-57 hours aweek including weekends

No Bank holidays off (including Xmas day Boxing day & New Years day) :imp:

Only had 5 days off for sick in over 30yrs

Btw i work looking after livestock (pigs) :blush:

always look on the bright side… free sausages and bacon :stuck_out_tongue:

i never had any intentions of sticking only with Cat C, want to drive artics :smiley: but if you arent getting any work on Cat C you might need to do CE? although by the sounds of it there is no work for either :open_mouth: :cry:

If you havn’t got c work you may not get c+e either don’t forget they always come up with the 2 year insurance block so just keep trying you will get somewhere sooner or later .