Worth doing C + E?

Evening all.

This is a question aimed more at the Scottish drivers, (no discrimination, honest!) although any input shall be greatly appreciated.

Im coming into a wee bit cash within the next couple of months and was considering going for c + e. Just wondering what the market is like at the moment for these positions. Wouldnt want to go agency, and my current employers dont run any artics.

Not that Im fed up or anything, I kind of appreciate what Ive got cos there are lots of lay-offs happening just now in the building industry. Keyline in Edinburgh have lost I think 3 or 4 wagons this year so at least Im grateful for what I have. But everyone is always looking for something better, arent they??

I have 3 years on class 2, Hi-ab and inter company defensive driving training.

Any thoughts :question:

Not Scotland - CE opens up opportunities - may help

Have looked on jobcentre from timeto time going rate is about £8.00 per hour.Though if you did weekend work for Tosco at Livingston you might get £15.00tops.It takes a long time to get your investment back.

Your previous experience on rigids counts for nothing. If you do your c+e you will still come up against the two years experience required. If it’s something you want to do I’d go ahead. My thinking is that even if there wasn’t a recession you would still struggle to get a job on artics with no experience. In two years time hopefully the recession will be well and truly over and you will have held your licence for the reqired two years! And you never know but something just might pop up in the meantime! Like Turkey being allowed into the EEC. Then we will be well and truly ■■■■■■!

just go ahead and book it
its not your money :slight_smile:

look on it like a holiday
enjoy the lessons and take satisfaction that
you passed
and at some stage you could if you wanted drive a bendy

of course start driving your truck properly and watch how an artic works