New here so thought I'd say hi

Hi,

Just passed my C licence last month and doing three day course for C+E next week so fingers crossed.

Been round all the local companies (within 60miles) and had a bit of positive feedback off a few, which was surprised at considering how things are. Guess been in a diary and a job are two differant things tho lol, but hoping if things pick up a bit I might get a call.
One company seems pretty keen to see me when I have C+E but nights which bit unsure about as first job and just over minimum wage! Then again a jobs a job these days I guess

One thing I find strange is how much the wages can vary for what in many cases seems to be very similar work? In a perfect world I would like a trunking job with the driving through the day so if anyone knows of anywhere to try in Yorkshire would be much appreciated.

Anyway that’s me thanks for all the helpful info on here been really useful.

Welcome chap and congrats on passing!
Tis a bit quiet tonight so don’t think no-one wants to say hello.

Wages…The reason we go to work and minimum wage is taking the ■■■■ for class 1 (c+e) no matter what they try to tell you,recession or not but then I’m not in the position of trying to get experience so I try to see where you newuns come from.

What may seem like different shilling for the same work may be just down to the employer,the area or it may be made up in the form of bonuses,allowances,night out money or allsorts.

Ask on here about different firms too as many will have worked for them and give you the gist of whetever they will rip you off,run you bent or generally take the ■■■■.

Again,welcome.

HI there Iwannabesedated!

Welcome onto the forum. :slight_smile:

Congrats on getting your Cat C and all the very best with your C+E next week. (Don’t forget to keep us all updated on here with your progress).

It has been said before, but I will say it again, jobs are hard to find in the current climate, but not impossible. Quite a few recent posts on this very forum by new and old members prove that determination and positivity does help, as well as being in the right place at the right time. So, don’t be put off. A job might not come to you, but with a bit of determination you shouldn’t find it impossible and of course having the Cat C+E (even without the experience) is better than just having a Cat C on it’s own.

All the best! :sunglasses:

PS. I take it from the username you are a fan of either The Ramones, Green Day or…drugs?? :confused: :laughing:

Hey there.

Well done on Passing class C, I’m in the same boat mate, had a few companies turn me down on class C but said I could come back as soon as I have C+E. But would also be Min wage or just above.

Well I am booked for my assessment tomorrow and hopefully start training in a few weeks :smiley:

Good luck with the C+E training and also the Job hunting/ :sunglasses:

Gareth

Hello again,

Thanks for the replys - yes like a bit of greenday and Ramones :smiley:.
First lesson on C+E tomorrow looking forward to it, felt pretty confident on assesment drive and found jump from a car to C a far bigger jump!
In terms of job hunting I forgot to mention all companies that seemed to have a positive response were the smaller ones. Bigger companies just seem to give the standard not at the moment/very quiet send a c.v. With larger companies like Nidd/Stobarts e.t.c. They presumably only advertise through agencys/ on jobcentre site for short term contracts. Is this the only way to get into a bigger company now? Am I Iooking in the wrong place or is it simply the case that they dont have the turnover of full time jobs and are laying off more than taking on?
A full time job with a large well established company seems a bit mythical at the moment and I expect to have to prove myself for a few years to come before getting that sort of opportunity, but sometimes get the impression Im either missing something or 90 percent of the drivers they use are agency!

hello and good luck with the training, i hope all goes to plan :slight_smile:

James.

Welcome and congrats on the c pass ,

oh an good luck for ce :wink:

jen x