Category c soon to hopefully be c+e

Just thought I’d introduce myself basically passed my cat c in January and haven’t driven a lorry since as I already have a full time job other than a unit I took to truckfest , got my c+e booked for start of October. Basically I’m doing it as a back up plan as the profession I’m in if I leave the company I work for it’s not what I want to carry on with i fancy a change after 7 years. Have already got a bit of part time lined up if I pass in October as I still have enough working hours left to get some in only thing that worry me is going straight to an artic as a lot say get the experience In a rigid, is this what most recommend as I never have liked driving the rigid and feel much more comfortable driving an artic and am fairly confident with backing and manoeuvring any tips or advice welcome .

I see no reason not to drive artics. Up to 1997 it was the norm. It’s only the last 20 years where we’ve seen the “staged training” in place. Personally I’m not convinced of it’s value but it’s what we’ve got.

So go for artic and enjoy.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for that I just wanted someone to confirm I wasn’t doing something really stupid :laughing:

Driving a rigid will give some valuable experience of driving something big on your own and getting into and out of a variety of different drops & loads. Having said that I do find artics much easier to drive than rigids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk