C+E begining of next year defo

Well guys not realy got the cash but its got to be done C+E is gonna be booked jan-feb, i am fed up sending CV’s away and getting a phone call back asking “you got a class 1 mate” when i say no sorry only class 2 i am being told ahh pitty we got a job here could av been yours its starting to realy get to me,was told today by a rather large company who have class 2 and 1 motors that they dont employ class 2 drivers anymore as they need there drivers to be able to cover all vehicles so class 1 drivers only!! so heres the next debate do i use the same company i passed my class 2 with same vehicle they just lump a trailer on the back for wag and drag or do i go for artic and do it that way■■?

There is really no reason for you to go anywhere else, unless you can find a better price. The companies you are calling are probably not concerned how you pass the class 1, just that you pass it.

The learning curve is far far gentler by staying in a training vehicle you are familiar with. You could always book a couple of hours with another trainer in an artic after you pass.

Hi dodester,

Yeah, I have heard similar things where the company takes on C+E drivers only as they have all bases covered. :frowning:

I have also heard that it really is a different kettle of fish if you learn (& then pass) your C+E with wag & drag then try to actually do the job in a normal artic. But like John said, if you do pass that way, you could always get some practice in with another training school on an artic afterwards.

All the best with your C+E next year mate, however & wherever you take it.

Agreed. Take it with the Cat C training centre and just go with the flow. Not do much to get used to.

Btw where are all these Class 1 jobs :-S

That was what i was thinking john at least i know the vehicle (lagta also do artic training in a scania so maybe a little half day if i passed in wag) has anyone seen any you tube videos on hitching/un hitching a wag and drag cant find any??

LJA yeah mate am getting peed of with it around here were i stay if you dont have a class 1 they dont want to know, i was putting it down to me only having class 2 for 3 months but having actually spoken with some tm’s couple actually said they didnt mind new drivers but class 2 is only half the licence they need in current climate. :frowning:

Dar up here in scotland mate its were i stay within 12 mile radius i have 3 majour rdc’s - a coal quarry direct to the power station on my door step,probly around 8 large haulage companies 2 of which are car transport companys that asked me to call back when i have gained class 1 they said i would work for 2 months on lower wage as they would buddy me up with a trainer like an apprentice but am easy with that if it means getting a job and the benefit of an experianced driver :wink: !!

got price for £715 thats for 4 days plus test sounds not to bad to me

Good luck with your training dodester. I’m going to be doing my CE next year also. If you do your training anywhere near Glasgow, Bishopbriggs test centre is closing this Friday. Don’t know how that will affect trainers without their own test centres. Good luck and hopefully you’ll have no probs nailing a job. :smiley:

dodester:
got price for £715 thats for 4 days plus test sounds not to bad to me

Sounds brilliant to me bud! Last week I went for my C+E. I done a few hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday mornings with my test at 8am on the Thursday after another couple of hours and that cost me £1070.20p! :open_mouth:

Sounds brilliant to me bud! Last week I went for my C+E. I done a few hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday mornings with my test at 8am on the Thursday after another couple of hours and that cost me £1070.20p! :open_mouth:
[/quote]
Just shows ya!! I do all my training with a company called spx lagta and always find them very very good class 2 was 4 days with test on 4th day and that was £647 inc Vat, Only problem is there up here in scotland,but i suppose if you are saving that kind of money then a little b&b would be usefull.