Best job you have had?

Lots of posts lately about lads/lasses losing jobs and struggling at the moment, and the present economic climate…but whats the best/cushiest driving job you have ever done?

Mine was for Warburtons Bakery…Sun-Thursday 4pm til finish (usually 10-12pm) Run from Whitwood to Howden unload (which took about 20 mins) run down to Wednesbury, re-load and back to Whitwood. It was through an agency and I was paid £11.50 per hour and £18.50 per hour Sunday with 10 hours guarenteed so £645 for approx 40 hours a week. It lasted about 8 months.

Shame they started making the bread at Whitwood and the Wednesbury trunk finished, or I would still be doing it I reckon

its 2 jobs for me 1 was for a local steel firm, started at 8am, finished about 4/5 depeneding on when you finished reloading the truck (though i didnt have to help i usually did so everyone could get home quicker) had a very well looked after 53 plate volvo that had not a thing wrong with it sat nav, cd player the works. never had many drops to do though i spent most of the time driving about, that lasted a week with the agency

another agency job, this one last for 12 months, johnstons paints, was only driving a van but boy i never did very much, max of about 10 drops a day int he centre of edinburgh which my record is leaving the shop at half 8 and being back for 10 no mean feat during rush hour but when you know all the lil shortcuts and shiz its handy.friday afternoons were for us to just chill and not do much usually threw balls at the boss or the other folk who worked there, id always be sent out for everyones lunch on a friday aswell.also got to finish when i wanted but always paid till the shop shut because i had to cross the forth road bridge and trying to get accross after half 4 in the afternoon is a nightmare. i even got offered to be taken full time with them but i turned it down because i had just pass my class c, oh how i wish i took that job now. money was goo daswell, 350 a week.

who do you drive for ds074 i live in that area like

Living the dream in the big green machine Igamston…Stobart.

Didnt the signature and avatar give you a clue? LOL

Who do you work for?

i work for abs distribution run white an green volvos out of corus only work in garage at minute

Oh yeah I know them…any good? All flats arnt they?

yeh we run flats mainly steel out of corus, dead at minute though been laying drivers off over last few week :confused:

IAP for money.

classic vehicle collections for variety ,cars and locations.

DS074:

Who do you work for?

There are most definatly 3 types of wagon drivers DS704 :stuck_out_tongue:
im at TransAm Trucking, doing rock’n’roll tours all over Europe and beyond,( as far north as above the arctic circle, and south to Turkey, sometimes beyond, Russia isnt uncommon, euromat will be there in a week or two) we run legal, good kit, very good money, get loads of days off whilst at work, and on full pay!(im on my 4th day off sitting in Bournmouth at min, havent turned a wheel and still earnt an obscene amount of money for the 4 days:D ) we get to see the concerts for free, we get fed and watered for free (and thats not fry ups every day), we get free towels to use for showers at the venues we are at, see lots of lovely women, and sometimes meet the ‘stars’, dont have to load/unload our trucks, they get people in to do that for us. We know if, for example, we are going on a 3 month tour where we will be on every single day of those 3 months, before we even leave the yard. Your quite welcome to keep living your dream mate! im happy living mine!

kindle530:

DS074:

Who do you work for?

im at TransAm Trucking, doing rock’n’roll tours all over Europe and beyond,( as far north as above the arctic circle, and south to Turkey, sometimes beyond, Russia isnt uncommon, euromat will be there in a week or two) we run legal, good kit, very good money, get loads of days off whilst at work, and on full pay!(im on my 4th day off sitting in Bournmouth at min, havent turned a wheel and still earnt an obscene amount of money for the 4 days:D ) we get to see the concerts for free, we get fed and watered for free (and thats not fry ups every day), we get free towels to use for showers at the venues we are at, see lots of lovely women, and sometimes meet the ‘stars’, dont have to load/unload our trucks, they get people in to do that for us. We know if, for example, we are going on a 3 month tour where we will be on every single day of those 3 months, before we even leave the yard. Your quite welcome to keep living your dream mate! im happy living mine!

I was having a laugh :smiley:

And if spending 3 months at a time living in a truck is your dream mate, good luck to you! 3 days is enough for me…I prefer my nice 4 bed detached, 50" plasma, king size bed and walk-in shower paid for with the money I earnt when the job was good :smiley:

i dont think ive found my favorite job yet :confused: :frowning: :confused: :frowning:

lgamston:

I can’t believe you had to ask!

My best job? This one i have now. Simply the greatest, the most pleasurable, the lowest paid job i’ve ever had. I have never been so happy. It has its moments, but i don’t want it to stop.

MR VAIN:

lgamston:

I can’t believe you had to ask!

My best job? This one i have now. Simply the greatest, the most pleasurable, the lowest paid job i’ve ever had. I have never been so happy. It has its moments, but i don’t want it to stop.

Who do you pull for Mr V?

kindle530:

DS074:

Who do you work for?

i think anyone would do anything for your job, i sent a cv into your lot and to stagetruck

heard nout back though.

BARTRUMS. i’m 2nd longest serving subbie, been there over 2 years. Used to move on every 3-6 months, can’t envisage ever pulling for anyone else, i really do feel like part of the team. Last count there were 17 of us, i don’t know how the rest of them feel, but i like it.

my best job was with Roger Sheddick before the Norbert buy out easy full load of TV screens out and empty packaging back( tip and reload on same bay) either Sony ~Stuttguart,Barcelonia or Trnava

MR VAIN:
BARTRUMS. i’m 2nd longest serving subbie, been there over 2 years. Used to move on every 3-6 months, can’t envisage ever pulling for anyone else, i really do feel like part of the team. Last count there were 17 of us, i don’t know how the rest of them feel, but i like it.

OMG! Somebody actually happy with what they do! Thats a new one! :smiley:

Nice truck BTW

gogzy:

kindle530:

DS074:

Who do you work for?

i think anyone would do anything for your job, i sent a cv into your lot and to stagetruck

heard nout back though.

give em a ring mate, you got to keep chasing em up, unfortunatly thats how they are when its quiet, when theyre busy they wont leave you alone!
DS074, my job is still good mate, nearly on 4 figure wages (take home) and am single, no kids, no need to want to go home! :smiley: 3 months away is an example, ive been away a lot longer than that in one go! each to their own mate :smiley: :wink:

The one I’ve got now. Decent wage, reasonable and well-maintained kit, good long-term prospects and I get to drive round some of the most beautiful places in Britain. Home every night now as well.

Bad points; cow ■■■■! :wink:

DS074, my job is still good mate, nearly on 4 figure wages (take home) and am single, no kids, no need to want to go home!

Im not saying it isnt good, just not for me and I’m sure a lot of other family men…I myself used to spend 6 weeks at a time away all over europe 20 years ago when I was single and loved it.

But I originally asked what is the best job you have had? Not, please knock my job now! One thing I have learnt in 20 years, there is always somebody who gets paid more, travels further, got a better truck and whos dad is bigger than my dad…but thats Truckers for ya!