Best and worst

Which is the best and which is the worst Transpot company to work for?

I am not talking only pay but also conditions as well!

My best was Baker
we were paid £7.00 hour with time and half after 8 all hours paid! we were all over Europe(I only did Ireland) had new (Iveco) every 2 years kept our own waggon and always drove off on a sunday (X2) even if we had a Mon drop 100 miles away :smiley:
never took home less than £350 nights out was £29.00 per night £14.00 tax free the rest was paid through PAYE and we never had any problems with managment! best thing it was 1994 -1997!

Worst I guess I am lucky never had a realy bad employer but have heard all the stories!
over to you!

Remember your old company could be watching so be truthfull :smiley:

since leaving the military ive only had two jobs.
the first was supermarket work.the money was good,the kit was good, the manager was great and the lads doing the job where the biggest bunch of misfits i have ever had the pleasure of working with :sunglasses:
but after five years my new firm had just decided to recruit a few drivers . this was a very rare occurance.
so i got a job with castle cement.
been here two years to date and i think its the best job ive ever had.
my top tip to every one out there is this.
if you can get a job working for a company delivering its own product then go for it. no middle men contractors taking a slice of your wages / their profit before you get them. :wink:

Agreed. The job I’m in at the moment is the best I’ve had…and guess what? It’s Own Account. :wink:

if you can get a job working for a company delivering its own product

Go for it :smiley:

Best job .
.Working for a road planing and tarmacing company moving their heavy equipment…
Top notch vehicles (T cab Scania 530 bhp) , excellant money (£700-800 per week take home on average) but multiple weeks away

Most fun …
Murfitts doing euro… Money not brilliant and the trucks not the best (Iveco Eurotech Drawbar)

Most Challenging,
Econofreight/GE Curtis (SARENS) … Moving abnormal loads… loved every second of this job, and its the one I would go back too like a shot,

Worst Job
Crane Ballast on Baldwins cranes… do the impossible every day and then get abuse because you didnt do some more :unamused: :imp: money was good at the time but the trucksand equipment was terrible, and man management was conducted by intimidation!!!