My best paid job so far ! hehehe

just had an agency call for a day’s work, driving to suffolk then cambs, on Saturday - £12ph with overtime after 8 hours! crikey! lol

50% more ph than my previous best :smiley:

marvelous :smiley:

ps - is this the norm for weekends worked or have I dropped lucky?

£12 per for a Saturday is about right.

It’d be a shame if it was a 15 hour day! :wink:

and sunday was £14 an hour :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

got offered that mid-day sat.

JUST got the 9 hour break in for a 3:30am start :astonished:

320 gross for 2 days work aint bad tho is it :smiley:

shame I’m still on emergency tax though - that’s 31% gone on tax and NI before I start :frowning:

thats good el gordo im thinking about leaving the industry and retraining but maybe working weekends to keep the money coming in it seems you can earn just as much doing fri sat sun as doing all week. good luck keep at it. :smiley: :smiley:

I’m SURE you won’t be hanging around for a couple of hours in a layby, will you? :wink:

lol - thought about it :wink:

then realised the photocopied tachos would be sent to agency anyway and wanna keep everyone sweet long term :wink:

made sure as always that speed limits adhered to which made drop1 an hour late and drop 2 2.5 hours late compared to paperwork schedule but sod it if they expect me to go from scunny to kendal area in 2 hours they’ve another think coming - especially in winds bad enough to close the humber bridge and snow-forecasts, at set-off…

shame their rubbish maps got me lost as well (genuinely, lol).

2nd drop was a nightmare - on a 25-degree incline, cobbled with some massive pallets of pop and booze to deliver! eek! took an hour to drop 4 pallets - inching them down the back of the truck onto the tail-lift, and down the street into the back alley - struggling with it grounding out in the cobbled drainage gulley in the middle of it, trying not to tip the load - lmao.

el gordo 78:
shame their rubbish maps got me lost as well (genuinely, lol).

:unamused: :smiley:

proper annoying it was - still seething that when I offered to mark on it where it needed to be, and pointed out the place isn’t sign-posted from the direction I came in from - that they said no, the office monkies will only throw it away and print it off wrong for everyone else in future. :unamused:

it was centre-parcs off the A66… the map I had placed it down a little road just to the east of temple sowerby. 7.5tn limit except access, well I’m access so off I go, 3 miles later and nothing seen, found a spot to turn round on this single track lane, and spot a pedestrian coming out of his field (8am sunday morning - not door-knocking time) and learn that forest village holiday homes is in fact centre-parcs 2 miles further up the A66…

nice and well posted from the M6 mind you, but then I’d have added an hour to my journey I reckon (50 miles extra, minimum) to have gone M62, M61, M6.

still, I suppose if I ever do it again, at least I’ll know where to go eh :wink: