Taking pets in the cab

Hope nobody ever takes a pet in my cab unless they are paying to have it deep cleaned to get rid of smell & hairs

Few years ago a guy living up the street from me shared his house with a horse some chickens & several other animals

Sure animals leave a certain smell when in cars (maily dogs) but I’ve never considered the smell to be that off-putting. Same with smell from smoking. Some people just get ■■■■■ if their truck doesn’t smell factory fresh.

As for taking a cat with you I think the idea is good. You’d have to find the right cat though. Most wont like it and you would also need to exercise it as you couldn’t let it roam the MSAs on its own as you would never see it again. :laughing: I know some people have succeded in putting a lease on a cat but the one time I tried putting a lease on my cat she just froze in place sitting down and just glared at me while I dragged her along the floor and as soon as I got to the carpet she dug her claws in at that was as far as she went :laughing: .

Dog is a good idea for protection though particularly if your being unloaded and have to leave your cab unlocked. Or if your like the guy in the other thread and your diesel is getting nicked they will notice it.

if your tramping with a decent non stobart type mb,then theres no reason why you couldnt tke reptile and such with you?
snake,iguana or similar?
they dont whiff and they only crap when you feed them once a week or once a month for the python i used to have.
i did try taking my goldfish with me a while ago but it was a bit of a bugger stopping it skidding off the dashboard going round the corners and the spillage played havoc with the electrics.

GORDON 50:
Not sure how some food places would like it, I’m sure I’ve seen signs at some depots about no animals.

Well that’s about 70% of the trucking fraternity ■■■■■■.

nomiS36:
I took Maggie, my friends dog with me a few times last year.

That’s a proper Cab Mutt

It amused me how many foreign Johnies carried their dogs in the cab, France was easy as most restaurants allow them in. It’s here where the problem starts.

adam277:
I know some people have succeded in putting a lease on a cat but the one time I tried putting a lease on my cat .

Hmmm, interesting. I’ve always fancied owning a cat but have been put off by the initial price and running costs. Do you have the details of the company you leased your cat from? Do you have a large balloon payment at the end of the lease? How about any damage to your leased cat?

the maoster:

adam277:
I know some people have succeded in putting a lease on a cat but the one time I tried putting a lease on my cat .

Hmmm, interesting. I’ve always fancied owning a cat but have been put off by the initial price and running costs. Do you have the details of the company you leased your cat from? Do you have a large balloon payment at the end of the lease? How about any damage to your leased cat?

You’ll need enough in the KITTY to finance it mate. :laughing:

I take one of my tarantulas to work with me for the week occasionally,I sometimes take one of my snakes too.No smell,easy to hide when going to places that don’t allow animals on site,and great for keeping people out the cab :laughing:

TezzDemon:
I take one of my tarantulas to work with me for the week occasionally,I sometimes take one of my snakes too.No smell,easy to hide when going to places that don’t allow animals on site,and great for keeping people out the cab :laughing:

Tell me you don’t really have either of those things :open_mouth: I’m getting the creeps just thinking about them!

Mind you, I’m a sqeamish big girl at the best of times… Creepy-crawlies, blood and guts, anything like that has me reaching for my blankie :laughing:

It’s illegal to de-cat a motor once installed …

Geoffo:
I’d go absolutely ape [zb] if I owned the truck & my driver took his pet with him/ her.

I did once, I was on my way home, stopped the guy who was on it for the day (my own motor btw) to tell him something, and his ■■■■ dog was stretched out on my duvet in the bunk. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

I would even go bloody mad now if I was off, and a dog had been in the truck I drive now being that I live in it usually…even though all my bedding kit is out at the moment.

In fact my mate Beaver rang me today to wind me up that he had seen ‘‘my’’ truck being driven by some dirty ■■■■■ while I’m off…, and that was enough to wind me up. :smiley:

At least “real” animals wouldn’t leave dirty, smelly socks and underwear in the cab.

waddy640:
At least “real” animals wouldn’t leave dirty, smelly socks and underwear in the cab.

Every transport firm has one or two [emoji49]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

foul old dog smell is what comes to mind. im not sure what the chemical make up is of a true bitter old yoghurt? stink like no other. but the hum it Always lingers ,for years particularly on cloth upholstery

robroy:

the maoster:

adam277:

You’ll need enough in the KITTY to finance it mate. :laughing:

Won’t it clog the cat if you shove it’s mouth over the end of the exhaust? Not to mention the risk of someone stealing it while your parked up. Though I think with the cat on the exhaust the engine should purr like a kitten

nomiS36:
I took Maggie, my friends dog with me a few times last year.

lovely little thing Ain’t she

That is an awesome dog.

She is a proper little madam. Very lovable though.

I lived in a 143 with a black lab for a while when we got turfed oot. it was a right laugh, the thing liked the water and jeez it would fair stink if it had been in swimming, used to lie snorring on the bunk - puts a differant meaning aboot lying in a wet patch
20+ f’n years ago and I still miss that daft mutt