Taking pets in the cab

Wouldn’t take my dog with me because of the smell in the cab.
After saying that I suppose it would eventually get used to it. :smiley:

Geoffo:
Why would you want to take a cat with you ■■ Any pet for that matter…

Cat seems odd, but I used to love taking my dogs with me. Good c company, felt a bit safer some of the places I parked. Remember being stuck on Benbecula for two days and it was great to explore with my border.

Lovely pics there.

Not sure how some food places would like it, I’m sure I’ve seen signs at some depots about no animals.

Google is your friend.
Some interesting stories lol!

Also I remember someone posted before, in America it seems a few truckers take their feline friends with them.
Probably a lot easier to look after a cat than a dog in a truck but their trucks a bit bigger

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

GORDON 50:
Not sure how some food places would like it, I’m sure I’ve seen signs at some depots about no animals.

That would be rats, mice and cockroaches I expect, food inspectors aren’t too keen on them for some reason.

Our cat never travelled well, despite doing it regularly for most of its 21 years of life. It tended to be sick at some point of the journey and usually just when we were arriving back home! :unamused: Our two dogs and our parrot all travelled very well though, only the parrot left now (aged 27) and it still enjoys going ‘WHEEE’ at the top of its voice when trucks and coaches overtake us on motorways. Many firms/quarries etc don’t allow animals on site nowadays though, the same as they aren’t keen on passengers. I only took a dog once in a truck, it bit the weighbridge dispatcher when he stuck his fingers through the open window, jumped out of the window when I was at the taildoor and I had to run after him and then as an encore lept across the cab in Willenhall when it spied a cat and knocked the handbrake on which chucked me into the steering wheel and a car almost went under the back end! Left him at home after that.

Pete.

windrush:
Our cat never travelled well, despite doing it regularly for most of its 21 years of life. It tended to be sick at some point of the journey and usually just when we were arriving back home! :unamused: Our two dogs and our parrot all travelled very well though, only the parrot left now (aged 27) and it still enjoys going ‘WHEEE’ at the top of its voice when trucks and coaches overtake us on motorways. Many firms/quarries etc don’t allow animals on site nowadays though, the same as they aren’t keen on passengers. I only took a dog once in a truck, it bit the weighbridge dispatcher when he stuck his fingers through the open window, jumped out of the window when I was at the taildoor and I had to run after him and then as an encore lept across the cab in Willenhall when it spied a cat and knocked the handbrake on which chucked me into the steering wheel and a car almost went under the back end! Left him at home after that.

Pete.

Seriously giggling out loud with that stuff :smiley:

cracker-bar:
This old fella has been away with me, in a TGX, and an FM, he loved it, I didn’t. Had to lift him in and out, and put up with his snoring. For all that though, it was nice having him with me.

^^^^^^^^^
classic pic there.
id take my identical lab with me depending on where i was going,but i always had to fight for bedspace plus he constantly ■■■■■■ so bad it would have choked a maggot.
i had a doberman years ago that jusmped up on my 1st day in a 141, paws on the drivers door and locked it,then jumped over and did the same to the passenger door.
6-00 in the morning and i had to borrow a knife and force open the quarterlight to crack on after fighting him off cos he was trying to eat my rolls when i was driving along and the hand that was thumping him was the hand my roll and scrambled egg was in.

robroy:

Sploom:
Has anyone took their dog with them trucking.I’m looking for a tramping job ,but I was thinking of taking my cat.But do companies ever allow this?

Finally, I think I’ve actually heard it all now. :neutral_face:

Do you drive for the Post Office?
As far as I know they never had a problem with Postman Pat. :bulb:
If not give them a bell mate. :bulb:
You’re welcome. :sunglasses:

Oh FFS!!.. Good one :smiley: :smiley: I PMSL when I read that ^^ and coffee came down my nose :smiley:

Drempels:
No worse than the bloke who used to live with his horse…

In a tower block :open_mouth:

Or is that a Dublin urban myth?

“The Commitments”?

“You’re not taking that horse in the lift are youse?”
“I have to. The stairs would kill 'im”.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Watching some of the horsebox drivers, how the horses didn’t end up in the cab with them I’ll never know

Most boxes come with at least 1 Jack Russel as part of the furniture and I used to have a lovely pic of my horse considering climbing the living steps as he had spotted the sandwiches

I took Maggie, my friends dog with me a few times last year.

nomiS36:
I took Maggie, my friends dog with me a few times last year.

Now I know what that Rod Stewart song was about :laughing:

GORDON 50:

So how do they manage for “Security Staff”?

:smiley: :smiley:

Franglais:

Drempels:

“The Commitments”?

^^^^^^^^^^^

in eire when private developers build a new estate then usually in recent years the only way they get planning permission is that they must sell a percentage of the houses to the goverment so that they can fill them with thse on “social welfare” i.e house trained macodougalls so that they can have the opperchancity to settle and become part of the community ( which is laughable in practice itself anyway).
they usually put them in the same street or culdesac to kep them all together and away from the proper house purchasers.
in galway a while ago they did so giving them about 30 new semi detatched 3 and 4 bedroom houses all turnkey spec with carpets kitchens cookers fridges ect.
on gaining access,they filled the houses with the horses and ponys and lived in caravans parked in the garden.

dieseldog999:

Franglais:

Drempels:

“The Commitments”?

^^^^^^^^^^^

in eire when private developers build a new estate then usually in recent years the only way they get planning permission is that they must sell a percentage of the houses to the goverment so that they can fill them with thse on “social welfare” i.e house trained macodougalls so that they can have the opperchancity to settle and become part of the community ( which is laughable in practice itself anyway).
they usually put them in the same street or culdesac to kep them all together and away from the proper house purchasers.
in galway a while ago they did so giving them about 30 new semi detatched 3 and 4 bedroom houses all turnkey spec with carpets kitchens cookers fridges ect.
on gaining access,they filled the houses with the horses and ponys and lived in caravans parked in the garden.

Ah, that’s where it came from. Never seen the film, but I remember everyone going on about it when it came out.

I fail to see how anybody thought that would turn out any differently. Most people don’t appreciate things that haven’t cost them anything.

Maybe the usual hand-wringers have got a bit of power there and insisted on it just to annoy the capitalist pig-dogs :laughing:

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^

i had a doberman years ago that jusmped up on my 1st day in a 141, paws on the drivers door and locked it,then jumped over and did the same to the passenger door.
6-00 in the morning and i had to borrow a knife and force open the quarterlight to crack on after fighting him off cos he was trying to eat my rolls when i was driving along and the hand that was thumping him was the hand my roll and scrambled egg was in.

Done that twice, last time had to smash the glass. I’d be rich if it wasn’t for the expense of dogs!

good luck with that,dogs adjust to certain souroundings,cats mostly do not,they do not like going in vehicles,i made the mistake of letting my one out of her cat basket when i was not far from home after the vets,she ran all over the interior jumping up on the dash and everywhere else in panic,yours might be ok,try it and see.

I’d go absolutely ape ■■■■ if I owned the truck & my driver took his pet with him/ her.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a dog myself.

obviously not an opinion shared by willi betz and similar then?
its the same as smokers.
now and again there can be one that you wouldnt know has been in your cab,but 99% of the rest just leave it smelling like a wet ashtray if they ever get into it.

years ago working internal in saudi it got to the stage i had to ask what the procedure was when you were needing some gentlemans relish.
the site foreman pointed to a camel ■■■■■■■ in a corner and told me to use that if i needed ■■■.
imagine my surprise and shame when he came back 30 mins later to catch me “in flagrante delicto” and started shouting and swearing at me.
i didnt understand why as it was him that told me to use the camel if i was totally desperate for ■■■.
at that point,he then explained that what he meant was that most of the other lads just rode the camel into town and went to the brothel. :open_mouth: