Anyone have a Cab Companion?

Now i know this will probably yield some rather diverse reply’s but I’m interested to know what the general stance is nowadays with having a companion in your truck?

I shall give the Example of the companion so as I can’t be done for incitement… :laughing:

I’m talking about your beloved DOGS.

Was having a banter with mrs b earlier after giving my beloved staffie a bath, thus bathroom needed cleaning…(exactly and thankyou, glad you all agree on who’s role that should be :laughing: )…
and she quipped that once I’m trucking I can take the mutt with me!!

Poxy heartless wench, BUT it did get me thinking…how do/would employers nowadays react to this?

Both me and her are extremely clean…(yes I’ve left a door open there lol)…
I’m borderline OCD so for me at least I don’t see an issue as long as all the Sensible logic is used, no walkies in depots whilst on bays, layby sense, and above all else your gear is spotless so as no issue… So yeah you know logical adult rules…

Anyway be interested to hear folks thoughts/knowledge on it :sunglasses:

The chances on a logistics type modern operation are minus 500%, if there’s foodstuffs involved triple the chances, the only way you’ll ever get permission is on a small family company that delivers to farms or other similar places, or buy your own van and avoid foodstuffs and similar work.

One of my mates works for a building supplies company and takes his staffie to work in his truck every day, not sure if the management know or care, he has been there a while…

My best in cab friend is Palm, and her five kids.

Always put a smile on my face.

If you want to work alongside animals … get a job at Pet’s at Home ! :wink:

raymundo:
If you want to work alongside animals … get a job at Pet’s at Home ! :wink:

:laughing: Went there today…had its PERKS if you follow me drift, plenty of fluff about :laughing:

I might look into cattle movement… :grimacing:

Like I say I’m just curious, seen a few lads with dogs onboard, most looked owner ops or the but yeah just wondered.

I’ll get back too the noob pit :blush:

eagerbeaver:
My best in cab friend is Palm, and her five kids.

Always put a smile on my face.

:laughing:

palmla handerson, she a bad girl esp if your left hooking for a change.

My spaniel comes with me sometimes. She’s good as gold in the cab and I always have a hoover round afterwards anyway.
As above though, small firm, two lorries, low loaders so no foodstuffs or RDCs.

I have developed a mutual understanding with a sizeable bluebottle over the last few days. I`ve decided to call it Jeff Goldblum.

Not sure if a staffie would be the best cab companions especially our 2 as most staffs have emissions issues and or 2 can clear a room in seconds!

Since learning the art of felching I’ve invested in a hamster, great little pet, ideal for cozy nights in the truck as well.

Easily hidden from over excitable security guards and cab checks. Quiet as a mouse really.

edwardj:
Not sure if a staffie would be the best cab companions especially our 2 as most staffs have emissions issues and or 2 can clear a room in seconds!

Trade them in at the Kennel club for a pair of certified euro 6 staffies. Simples. :grimacing:

■■■■■■■:

edwardj:

Trade them in at the Kennel club for a pair of certified euro 6 staffies. Simples. :grimacing:

Wasn’t there a recall on a load of Euro 6 staffies, adpoo problems apparently.

(See what I did, no… Oh well I’ll get me hi viz)

Dogs are banned in vehicles at most (or perhaps all?) of the quarries around here, I took mine once 32 years ago and he knocked the parking brake on trying to chase a blooming cat! :unamused: Truck nearly stood on its nose, I shot off of the seat, dog stayed at home from then on! If you do take one make sure that you have the appropriate Hi viz for it.

Pete.

Dipper_Dave:
Since learning the art of felching I’ve invested in a hamster, great little pet, ideal for cozy nights in the truck as well.

Easily hidden from over excitable security guards and cab checks. Quiet as a mouse really.

Too much information Dave, just don’t get your self a pet hedgehog!, my Bedlington terrier Taffy used to travel everywhere with me but alas the dreaded H&S regs put a stop to his days out in the tipper with me :cry:

Glad its stayed reasonably clean thus far :laughing:

As for the Hi Viz point, I hadn’t thought of that, I shall see if me mother in law can sew me one up for future reference :laughing:

Does seem a shame to me that ya can’t realistically take a dog with you, mine is extremely alert so she be excellent as an alarm/deterrent :sunglasses:

we can’t ( Hygiene )

Immigrant:
we can’t ( Hygiene )

I’m sure your dog would get used to the smell eventually.

the maoster:

Immigrant:
we can’t ( Hygiene )

I’m sure your dog would get used to the smell eventually.

Cruel… but very funny :smiley:

dogs are like smoking in my vehicles, no no and finally no