Taking your dog to work

Anyone take their dog in the cab with them?

Seen a few lads with a hound in the passenger seat… is it frowned upon? Is it even legal?

Rancid…

Ps… no gags about taking the missus in the lorry :wink:

See a lot of builders in vans with dogs.Not so many in trucks.If i do they are in quarry tippers and the woofer is a Jack Russel.
Would be great company to have a dog in the cab.
It would make you walk at night and deter thieves.Patterdales are ideal.Small.No hairs.
Imagine some muppet is stealing the diesel or load and you let out a Rotty or Gsd for some play time with robbers.

No doubt plod would frown on it- just as he does in a car- if th’animal was not restrained.
I don’t think I would subject my pet to sitting or lying in the same position for the best part of ten hours a day, five days a week. After all, you have a choice, he doesn’t.

rancidmelon:

I don’t have a dog… but I gather from your post that you do and you’re thinking about taking it along for a ride?

Before you do, you might want to consider whether you own the vehicle or not, or at the very least whether you’re the only person that uses that vehicle or not.

If the answer is not, then you might want to consider whether you have any respect for anybody else that might use the vehicle before you put the filthy animal in it… or not.

Contraflow:

rancidmelon:

I don’t have a dog… but I gather from your post that you do and you’re thinking about taking it along for a ride?

Before you do, you might want to consider whether you own the vehicle or not, or at the very least whether you’re the only person that uses that vehicle or not.

If the answer is not, then you might want to consider whether you have any respect for anybody else that might use the vehicle before you put the filthy animal in it… or not.

That’s a bit harsh mate not all dogs are dirty and smelly. I’d love to take one of my mutts to work with me but it would be a pain in the backside walking and watering it .in fact I’d put money most bosses would prefer my dogs in their cabs rather than some of the dirty Herbert’s I’ve seen climb out of cabs

Contraflow:

Can you imagine IF the other driver on the back shift was allergic to dogs, & found out that the day man had been taking their dog along for the ride.
The possibility of a liability claim would be interesting, also what about potential dog fleas infesting the upholstery or bedding?? I am however guessing the OP is a tramper.
Personally as someone who spends long hours at work, Id never consider having a pet as I couldnt devote the hours required to it while away, & leaving an animal alone at home for long periods of time would be cruel

Has anyone ever had a cab cat? I’m not a dog fan, but I always thought a cat would be nice company when tramping. The only real problem would be that, being a cat, it would be constantly criticising your driving from the passenger seat. :laughing:

most quarry’s ban them for health and safety reasons I believe,
I live near Buxton and see them ■■■■■■■ in tunstead quarry hill layby quite often so people must do it?

I remember a doccombe driver who had a Jack Russell IiRC an it used to sit in an open drawer under the bunk

If I was on days I’d consider taking the hound with me but not on nights and certainly not on nights away or if I was sharing a motor with anyone

Not anymore…i divorced her four years ago.

Jack Russells make the best bcab mutt! Do T&D still do that feature?

To be fair, it’s only chaps on local day-work that are likely to be bringing one along?

As for a cat? Do me a favour!

dogs are a bit common…

chester1:
That’s a bit harsh mate not all dogs are dirty and smelly.

I’m yet to meet one that doesn’t either produce displeasing odours or have yesterday’s excrement encrusted around its arse hole.

Of course, as a dog owner yourself, you’re bound to say that yours are different, just like you’re bound to say they would never randomly maul a little girl to death.

Contraflow:

chester1:

I’m yet to meet one that doesn’t either produce displeasing odours or have yesterday’s excrement encrusted around its arse hole.

Of course, as a dog owner yourself, you’re bound to say that yours are different, just like you’re bound to say they would never randomly maul a little girl to death.

Take it you’re not a fan of dogs mate? :smiley: :smiley:

GCR2ERF:

Contraflow:

chester1:

Take it you’re not a fan of dogs mate? :smiley: :smiley:

He likes chimps.

I do have a dog, and know for a fact he’d love to be with me all day… but not really sure if I would consider it or not… was just curious to put it out there and see what the general consensus is with other guys.

While it would be good to have company in the cab, I can see several disadvantages… loo breaks, the obvious hygiene issue for other truck users if its a shared vehicle etc etc…

And no, i’m not a tramper… :slight_smile: Just provoking a little debate :slight_smile:

Cheers

Rancid

Rhythm Thief:
Has anyone ever had a cab cat? I’m not a dog fan, but I always thought a cat would be nice company when tramping. The only real problem would be that, being a cat, it would be constantly criticising your driving from the passenger seat. :laughing:

There’s that bloke on here; Marlow I think his username is.

He lives in a converted (still roadworthy) double decker bus with his cat. The bus even has a cat flap if my memory serves me well. :laughing:

Contraflow:
you might want to consider whether you have any respect for anybody else that might use the vehicle before you put the filthy animal in it… or not.

Your having a laugh, I genuinely wouldn’t let my dogs near a truck after some of the drivers I see at RDCs have been in them !