Tramping pets

Do any of you trampers have a pet to keep you company on you’re travels?? I seen this pic elsewhere and had never known a driver to take a cat as company on his/her travels, it’s a great pic also

As a kid my Dad started truck driving and used to buy Truck and Driver mag. They had a section on cab mutts. My old man always wanted to take our Jack Russell Mick with him. To be honest he wouldn’t been a fiery companion in such a small space and probably would’ve eaten the curtains and peed on the cab phone. At home he used to bite your ankles when you answered the phone. He also nicked my bed and when I would try and get in it there would be a lump under the duvet that growled when I tried to edge my 9 year old legs under the blanket.

Would save a lot of grief if my dog could come to work with me, would be a bit worried if he ate the interior whilst I was tipping lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Is your dog a polar bear?

Contraflow:
Is your dog a polar bear?

Haha He is as strong as one, English Bull Terrier, or as my family call him… Shark on legs lol

I said to the wife I think I’ll get a dog as a trucking companion, she said, yeh but what about the smell in the cab, I said it’s ok the dog will soon get used to it :laughing: :laughing:

would love to take a cab mutt but which one

Mine wouldn’t fit neither could I lift him in the cab! He’s a 10 stone rottie mastiff ridgeback cross…

selby newcomer:
I seen this pic elsewhere and had never known a driver to take a cat as company on his/her travels

I like our cat but not sure they are suitable as cab pets. Wouldn’t fancy having a litter tray in the passenger foot well & the poor thing would be bored ■■■■■■■■■ Can’t exactly let them out for a run like you can a dog as they’d just bugger off.

Would like to take my mad mutt but quarry rules say a big no-no, also in todays h+s stupid days a lot of places don`t allow animals, even though most of the weighbridge clerks do a good impression of a bear with a sore head!

My driving aint good enough for me to keep my pet goldfish in the bowl :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

G6Bob:
Would save a lot of grief if my dog could come to work with me, would be a bit worried if he ate the interior whilst I was tipping lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Love them dogs. God it looks in good shape

Drift:
My driving aint good enough for me to keep my pet goldfish in the bowl :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

It will soon be along to say we are all bad drivers :smiley:

mickyblue:

Drift:

It will soon be along to say we are all bad drivers :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

G6Bob:

What a gorgeous pooch :smiley:

mickyblue:

G6Bob:

Love them dogs. God it looks in good shape

BILL1961:

G6Bob:

What a gorgeous pooch :smiley:

He is quite a boy, So friendly, with so much energy and strength

G6Bob the photos of your boy bring back memories when I left school I started an apprenticeship in the local garage. The owner also bred English Bull Terriers the garage wasn’t really busy so I ended up doing more with the dogs than in the garage which was no bad thing as it left me with a love of dogs that I have to this day. I have a saying that I would rather spend time with a dog than some of the humans that are around !!!. Eddie.

erfguy:
G6Bob the photos of your boy bring back memories when I left school I started an apprenticeship in the local garage. The owner also bred English Bull Terriers the garage wasn’t really busy so I ended up doing more with the dogs than in the garage which was no bad thing as it left me with a love of dogs that I have to this day. I have a saying that I would rather spend time with a dog than some of the humans that are around !!!. Eddie.

Yeah Eddie I’m the same, I love dogs and always have had them, When I used to come home from work stressed my ex new to keep quiet and let me sit with the dog for half and hour just to unwind before anything else. I’ve never met a unfriendly bull terrier, they all seem to be attention seeking and very playful. People see him and don’t know what to think though “What is it■■?” lol

I honestly could think of nothing worse than taking this daft sod with me :laughing: :laughing:

6774_123637918351_3485163_n.jpg

maga:
I honestly could think of nothing worse than taking this daft sod with me :laughing: :laughing:

My old boxer looked like that (no tail) she was a mini turner an hootch house wise but the thickest most lovable thing ever :laughing:
Ste drank all my Christmas ale once, she crushed every can in a 24 can pack :imp: :laughing: and just after that she ate mine and the ex Mrs wedding cake :laughing: :laughing:
That said my current best friend Ole Blue (border terrier) has just turned 16 and still switched on trying to kill any animal he cant hump, :laughing: :laughing: