Removal of Fifth Wheel Grease

Sorry for the resurrection!

Googled last night and this thread came up. Can 100% confirm that soaking jeans and cotton top in hot sink with a generous helping of soda crystals overnight followed by a normal 60c wash has removed a large amount of grease.

Hopefully this might be helpful to some of you

Get yourself in the shed, and dig out a bottle of turpentine substitute or white spirits…rub it over the grease stain, and watch it disappear, then put item in the wash to lose the whiff of the turps.

WD40

Rub the affected spot with an agency driver. :smiley:

Use WD40 on it then clean the WD40 with Vanish works every time :slight_smile:

Best way is to ■■■■ anyone who couples up by not lowering under trailer. Cure it at source

midlifetrucker:
Best way is to [zb] anyone who couples up by not lowering under trailer. Cure it at source

Please God don’t let CF see that…or it’ll run to 20 pages half of which i’ll need an interpreter for… :open_mouth:

Okay, I have trawled the old and new forums and found a few bits of advice on getting the Fifth wheel Graphite grease out of cloths and off boots… :unamused: :unamused:

I have tried the Fairy Liquid, and washing powder… and just been Shopping for some Brake and Clutch Cleaner, which is spose to be the ‘Wonder Stuff’ for removing it… :confused: :confused:

But alas, none has seemed to work… :cry: :cry: :cry:

Has anybody else got any ideas as to getting the stuff off??.. I got covered in the stuff today… LOL :blush: :blush: :smiley: :smiley:

Fifth wheel grease will not come out unless you use Suphuric Acid, or soak the clothes in petrol then throw a match on them :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
soak the clothes in petrol then throw a match on them :laughing:

Yip its the only thing that works for me!

best not get covered in grease in the 1st place!
Look after your equipment and it looks after you! :smiley:

cos you would look daft in a pinny :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yes mate visit the cloths shop,its the only way :laughing:

its a pity your not a fitter andy, then i could say… climb all over the inside of my cab, thats how our fitters get the grease of there gear!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Impossible to remove from clothes even using Fairey Liquid and Vanish or any other ‘wonder’ treatment so just bin em!
Baby wipes are pretty good for getting it off your hands in a hurry if you cant get a ‘proper’ wash!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I cant remember how many pairs of jeans or trousers I’ve ruined like this :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Welders gloves (those with the big cuffs) for pulling the pin.

Straddle the lines with your legs wide apart ( okay! I know the jokes are coming !)

Basically, do the Riverdance over the greasy lines and you’ll be O.K. :laughing:

Either that or keep an old pair of overalls in the truck for coupling / uncoupling.

A 10 quid pair of overalls can save a fortune in washing powder !! :laughing: :laughing:

When you can buy jeans in Tesco for less than £4 a pair why worry, almost cheaper to throw away than it is to wash them!
But having said that, I had half a dozen pairs of jeans that had been consigned to the DIY/Gardening wardrobe as they were unwashable, but a new Bosch automatic washing machine removed every grease mark after only 2 washes :smiley:

Martin:
When you can buy jeans in Tesco for less than £4 a pair why worry, almost cheaper to throw away than it is to wash them!
But having said that, I had half a dozen pairs of jeans that had been consigned to the DIY/Gardening wardrobe as they were unwashable, but a new Bosch automatic washing machine removed every grease mark after only 2 washes :smiley:

sounds like a TV advert! :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

I get tar on my clothes (err not off the brush lol),white spirts or swarfega will remove it a treat.
The tar comes off of them cast iron man hole covers I hump about :angry:
Oh tar is a lot worse then grease m8 belive me :smiley:

Thecritic:

Martin:

sounds like a TV advert! :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

Drat!!! I’ve been sussed :unamused:

If you really want to get them clean try Jizer.

That spray which is used to clean brake disks of grease is good.