DIRTY FIFTH WHEEL GREASE ON CLOTHES --- I have the answer!

Ok all us class 1 men have had fifth wheel grease on our clothes, on our drivers seat, hands and god knows where, I just thought I’d share with you a little remedy.
Nip into the workshop at your yard and blag a tin of brake/clutch cleaner of one of the fitters, just a small squirt of this stuff onto the grease and it brings the whole lot out without a trace - magic or what?
If anyone has any similar solutions, post them here for all to see. :laughing:

TNT, did you not read my recent post on the old bulletin boards regarding this topic?

I mentioned a brake & clutch cleaner called “Stop Quick!”

And no I don’t have shares in the company, it’s just that it’s worth mentioning as one of the best aerosol de-greasers around.

Dazza

Is this stuff expensive? and where can it be got? I dont work at a place that has fitters ect, but if it works well, Im interested in getting some meself!

Mal.

Mal

Brake or clutch cleaner can be bought from most car shops, it will probably cost less than a fiver and you won’t believe the results. The tin will probably last you 2 years or more.

Stop Quick is the brand we use and is made by the same firm that makes swarfega?

It won’t disapoint!

Cheers TNT, I didnt hear of it before, but since it is that widespread, Im gonna get some. I have a brand new Hi Viz coat, the thick waterproof type, that I’ll try it on first…if it does that type of material that is!

Mal.

Mal

Hi Vis Jacket might be a bit tricky but it definately works on t-shirts, sweaters, and fabric on drivers seat etc, it may well work on Hi Vis but i’ve never tested it.

Good Luck tomorrow! :laughing: