Getting rid of grease on clothing

Has anyone got any good methods of getting rid of the grease…usually caught on your clothes when coupling up…from the suzzies.or whatever■■?..

Simply putting them in the washing M/C doesn’t work!!!

Ta

We’ve had several threads on this and they usually and up sounding like a meeting of the W I, with loads of tips and handy hints, :wink: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

THREAD 1

THREAD 2

THREAD 3

One of those Stain Devils that you buy in the likes of Morrisons and other good large retail outlets,has worked for me in the past.

Not surprisingly,you’ll need the one for grease!!!

It’s a little bottle,and you usually find it in amongst the soap powder and fabric conditioner area.

Ken.

half a gallon of petrol… and a box of matches… :wink:

Ta…Coffey

Denis F:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

would work for me

Bit of traffic film remover,nicked,sorry borrowed from steam cleaner,does the trick every time.

The best cure I have ever found is prevention, after years and years of moans from the missus about plate grease ( Sticks to a blanket far better than the other stuff) I now don a pair of paper overalls and when they get too mucky chuck em away and start again. No more stains. A light pair of waterproof trousers works the same.
I have noticed that some drivers seem to be able to crawl under the wagon and emerge pristine but I seem to be a [zb] magnet

Leave the grease on the fifth wheel plate, don’t wear gloves when coupling up and use the free diesel gloves when you put fuel in :stuck_out_tongue:

daneinter:
I have noticed that some drivers seem to be able to crawl under the wagon and emerge pristine but I seem to be a [zb] magnet

Me too. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

why do we still grease turntables
20 years ago Salserve were using polyproplene mats…having said that they didnt drop trailers

Denis F:

You’re kidding aren’t you, have you seen the price of petrol? Half a gallon would cost more than my clothes. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

gotta agree TFR is the BD`s

Coffeeholic:

Denis F:

You’re kidding aren’t you, have you seen the price of petrol? Half a gallon would cost more than my clothes. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

smaller quantities may work for stereotypical scots :wink:

Just follow the washing instructions, works for me