Fifth wheel grease...

No,not on my clothes or seats, just had the truck serviced overnight and the thoughtful fitter decorated the turntable :slight_smile:.

IMG_20180501_062341797_HDR.jpg

Quite arty i think, but to be honest, DAF would look better. :smiley: i know what you mean, thats gonna go everywhere once coupled, and end up all over the catwalk…and the drivers clothes. thank god for ppe. :smiley:

As always, I scrape most of it off with a pallet slat before coupling…learned that a long while ago :slight_smile:

Bit…

Over the top innit.

I’m constantly amazed at the abilty of 5th wheel grease to travel from, 5th wheel to catwalk to trouser legs to wrist to door handle to steering wheel to door handles to bottom bunk to…yadder yadder yadder.

Baby wipes are your friend.

Do you point out to the driver with a great big smear of grease on his boat race who looks like an American footbal player, that it’s there or not?

Twoninety88:
As always, I scrape most of it off with a pallet slat before coupling…learned that a long while ago :slight_smile:

+1…

yourhavingalarf:
Bit…

Over the top innit.

I’m constantly amazed at the abilty of 5th wheel grease to travel from, 5th wheel to catwalk to trouser legs to wrist to door handle to steering wheel to door handles to bottom bunk to…yadder yadder yadder.

Do you point out to the driver with a great big smear of grease on his boat race who looks like an American footbal player, that it’s there or not?

Should you do a Trump/Macron move?
Go to flick it off but end up spreading the stuff all over everything?
Or are we approaching Dipper territory here?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Twoninety88:
No,not on my clothes or seats, just had the truck serviced overnight and the thoughtful fitter decorated the turntable :slight_smile:.

Training for his new trade as a decorator of celebration cakes?

It could have been worse…imagine if you drove a Seddon Atkinson?

GasGas:

Indeed, as it was he didn’t have room to write the ‘fanny in a’ part :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
Bit…

Over the top innit.

Slip liners are an even better friend (if you only pull your own trailers that is).

+1 …yup used the liners on the train I pulled ,no grease at all was great …only problem was sometimes if I had to unhook and use another unit it would be greased and you could never get it clean.

GasGas:

Twoninety88:

Training for his new trade as a decorator of celebration cakes?

Maybe not enough room though for ‘Sudden Accident’…