Fifth Wheel Grease

What is the best product to use to get it off the catwalk. Thanks in Advance.

Anything with a pressure of 100 bar or more, failing that Johnson’s baby wipes!

You could try jizer and a brush,it’s better than blowing it everywhere with the steamer,

Dan Punchard:
You could try jizer and a brush,it’s better than blowing it everywhere with the steamer,

+1. That’s exactly what I do. But I find its best to scrape the excess grease from the sides of the 5th wheel before it drops on to the catwalk in the first place.

Break cleaner works on fabric so spray a bit on first then wash off steam blows ■■■■ everywhere

Just dip a rag in your diesel tank and it will shift it like buggery.

WD40 works very well.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. :smiley: :smiley:

G101 from Autosmart

Bit off petrol gets grease off a treat.

neat tfr works great as well :sunglasses:

shuttlespanker:
G101 from Autosmart

Bloody love this stuff!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

ShropsBri:
Just dip a rag in your diesel tank and it will shift it like buggery.

As above. Added bonus is it’s free!

jimmy2loads:

shuttlespanker:
G101 from Autosmart

Me too!!

Thetaff2:

jimmy2loads:

shuttlespanker:
G101 from Autosmart

Me too!!

aaahhhhh, but Taff, in your case, it is not fifth wheel grease stains you are trying to remove :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Thetaff2:

jimmy2loads:

shuttlespanker:
G101 from Autosmart

Me too!!

aaahhhhh, but Taff, in your case, it is not fifth wheel grease stains you are trying to remove :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have no idea what your on about!! :wink:

But yes they remove them too!! :smiley:

guy who looks after our trucks put a product called TARDISS on mine to get rid of the grease…auto smart stuff i think and worked a treat

Back in the good old days when I had a motorbike, I used paraffin and washing up liquid mixed with warm water to get the excess chain oil off the rear wheel.

Just my kind of degreaser as it required no effort on my part whatsoever!

Once you’ve got the big lumps of grease off, I can’t see why it wouldn’t work on 5th wheel grease.

Bit of wood to scrape the excess off the 5th wheel lip after picking trailer up, bit of diesel on catwalk to get rid of the goo.

Karl86:
Bit off petrol gets grease off a treat.

you forgot the match as it makes sure the grease never returns