Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Hi Dan is that trailer the one you bought in Romsey ? todays picture an old 8 wheeler tanker in preservation, Buzzer

Old ■■ old ■■..I’ll get my overalls and boots and I’ll be there at 06:00 in the morning…if Chris hasn’t beaten me to it. :smiley:

Buzzer:
Hi Dan is that trailer the one you bought in Romsey ?

That’s the one Buzzer .

DEANB:

Punchy Dan:
Big of rebranding on me trailer .

That trailer is coming along nicely Dan,i like the way you have re branded the trailer. :smiley:

:smiley:

Thanks to Buzzer for the pic :smiley: and another one for GOM while still on a high. All credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo.
Oily

pete smith:

pyewacket947v:

oiltreader:
Pinches of Worcester, all credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Like those Pinches shots, Reminds me of the days we used to cross paths at Sainsbury Supermarkets
when i was driving for Salvesen out of Droitwich Spa,
Most of them had names across the front, ‘Italian Stallion’. The Undertaker’,
Story as it that Mr Sainsbury did not like it, wrong image, …

Those Pinches lads never hung around, I seem to remember they got their collar felt when they had a tacho check and there was a lot of excessive speeding across the fleet!

Surprised to see them still hauling,

15 May 1985
Berry Hill Ind Est
Droitwich Spa
Worcs, Eng
a hulking Ford and Slater AEC Militant wrecker, seemingly sat on balloon tyres,
outside Roger Dyson Recovery Systems.

Thanks to pyewacket947v for the pic :smiley:
Wagons from in and around the Black Country, all credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Black Country Richard 38620703092_b3a12fb09b_k.jpg

Black Country Richard 40751482495_93af218037_k.jpg

Black Country Richard 35812311925_23ea3c51cc_k.jpg

Black Country Richard 35427098274_9317132da8_k.jpg

Black Country Richard 32133659967_c7a33ed150_k.jpg

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer for the pic :smiley: and another one for GOM while still on a high. All credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo.
Oily

That sir is AEC ■■■■■■■■■■■ and it’s just caused me to have…ahem…a crisis. :smiley:

Couple of Lou thurgoods

some more odds and sods form Newcastle. Tyneside

Greetings,All
Ref. the Adams eight wheeler,I think it is a Maudesley.
Stay Safe,regards,900x20.

15 May 1985
Berry Hill Ind Est
Droitwich Spa
Worcs,Eng
A DAF 2600 6 wheeled wrecker.
Proberbly also waiting for attention
at Roger Dysons.
A nice series to drive, but the cab
could be cold in the winter.

Lloyds of Ludlow cattle trucks, Buzzer

tyneside:

Hi “tyneside” These are good photos, The Adamsez Maudsley based at Scotswood , Wardels Transport had a Thornycroft 4 wheeler with slatted high side boards for hauling their toilets etc, Allways packed with straw, I think some of their products could still be in use around the country, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

tyneside:

Hi “tyneside” These are good photos, The Adamsez Maudsley based at Scotswood , Wardels Transport had a Thornycroft 4 wheeler with slatted high side boards for hauling their toilets etc, Allways packed with straw, I think some of their products could still be in use around the country, Regards Larry.

P S I forgot to mention its a 1950s Burnley Reg, Most likley bought from Oswald Tillitsons of Burnley. Who were also A E C Dealers, Regards Larry.

More on the Agricultural front this is a rare tractor with only 5 made between 1978/9, the Universal wheel tractor from the “IIyich” tractor plant St Petersburg it had a four speed transmission and a V12 YH2 engine which it says produced 8403 hp but that sounds a bit strong to me, Cheers Buzzer.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

tyneside:

P S I forgot to mention its a 1950s Burnley Reg, Most likley bought from Oswald Tillitsons of Burnley. Who were also A E C Dealers, Regards Larry.

Thanks for the info Larry, always good to fill the gaps. Tyneside

Thanks to robthedog, tyneside, pyewacket947v and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:.
Oily

Rock n roll, all credit to Richard Says for the photo.

Load Richard 50151198547_5cf588e2e1_k.jpg

A busy scene at the Mersey Tunnel in Liverpool in the 1960s. About to disappear down the tunnel is what
looks like a Ranks 8 wheeler flour bulker on its way to Rank Hovis flour mill at Birkenhead. A rigid flat
carrying an insulated container, and a car transporter are at the toll booths, and a Bedford van that looks
like one of many that were in the fleet of W, H, Smith ( Transport ) on contract to the Liverpool Echo.
I cant identify the artic with the sheeted load.

The tunnel was built with 4 lanes, 2 each way, but during peak times, the traffic in the morning busy period
was 3 lanes from Birkenhead, and just one lane the other way. This picture shows the evening peak period
with Birkenhead bound traffic using 3 lanes, and just 1 lane of traffic exiting the tunnel.
Picture from Bootle History Forum.

Hanging by a thread, not sure I would like to exit the cab like that what if the rope is thirty feet short, Buzzer