Mark R

I would just like to say a big thanks to Mark for getting me the photo’s of my dads trucks.

Thats Ok Steve. Happy to help.
MR.

what photos boys :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Steves late father used to drive for Lowes of Paddock Wood. I just happened to have a few photos of his old lorry.

As i seem to have aquired my own thread i might as well make the most of it. Heres another of Lowes for you Steve.

Heres one for all you old transporter men. A classic 1970s outfit.

spot on mark !! :wink:

When i was a boy my uncle used to drive for Bowaters at Sittingbourne. This is one of their early Ergo cab Mandators. Again, typical 70s haulage outfit.

Great pic of the transporter Mark, don’t suppose you have a shot of the one next to it with the carrimore trailer, or any transporter pics for that matter.

Ive got quite a few more actually, i’ll try and sort a few out.

Hi Mark R
That AEC of Bowaters would’nt look out of place on the truck & driver thread about the debate on ropeing & sheeting.great picture mate.

A couple of Henley pics for you Mark, taken from my collection mostly bought at transport fayres/rallies over the last 20 years.Copyright unknown on these but if anyone objects I will remove them.Henley were always one of my favourites and I remember seeing them regularly around Guildford years ago . Regards Tim

Thanks Tim. I had,nt seen those before. Henleys livery certainly was eye catching…and woe betide anyone who dared to refur to the colour as Brown !!!. If i remember rightly it was officially Fawn & Maroon. Dont tell Jack, but we used to call those ERFs the Brown bombers, they really were flying machines.

Mark R:
Thanks Tim. I had,nt seen those before. Henleys livery certainly was eye catching…and woe betide anyone who dared to refur to the colour as Brown !!!. If i remember rightly it was officially Fawn & Maroon. Dont tell Jack, but we used to call those ERFs the Brown bombers, they really were flying machines.

The Henley lorries I saw always looked tidy Mark-we used to see quite a few trucks from Kent along the A25 around Guildford- the likes of Lowes,Turks, Woodcocks and Tomkinsons-all gone now I think.

Dieseldogsix:
Great pic of the transporter Mark, don’t suppose you have a shot of the one next to it with the carrimore trailer, or any transporter pics for that matter.

hiya,heres one of mine

cheers steve.

Yes Tim, im affraid all those companies you named have finished now. ( as are Richard Lawson i think ).

hi mark,
yeh lawsons went down the pan in 2005, shame really because it was the best job ever (probably) :laughing:

steve.

Heres another favorite old pic of mine. Although the photo is old & taty it seems to add to the atmosphere a little. With part of the load allready sheeted the driver is just about to start the second part of the job. I cant imagine this happening today. Shame part of the AEC badge has fallen off.
( photo courtesy A & RJ Wood collection ).

Christmas seems to have come early for me this year… just been up in the loft and found ive still got every single issue of the much missed TRUCK magazine still in perfect ( well almost ) condition. Cant wait to start thumbing through the old 70s issues.
Heres the cover of the very first one!.