DAYS GONE BYE

i thought i would start a new thread on old photos and stories of yesteryear.

[I!(http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o504/johnrosej31/File24.jpg)MG]h
ttp://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o504 … File20.jpg[/IMG]

bet you dont see timber loaded like that anymore :laughing:

Any more Hull companys?

Here’s the third one for you

thanks pal. :slight_smile: trying to get some of panalpina jonb but bit thin on the ground at the moment :wink:

JohnyRose63:
thanks pal. :slight_smile: trying to get some of panalpina jonb but bit thin on the ground at the moment :wink:

No probs mate, any of I J Blakey haulage, Robertson Dale or Mauri yeast would be great :smiley:

JohnyRose63:
trying to get some of panalpina jonb but bit thin on the ground at the moment :wink:

You’re not joking, found this one on Google images

I J Blakey taken from Bob Hobbs site transportphptos.com/road/photos

Dave the Renegade:

Now IMO,this chap has either just taken his boiler suit off or he is an “office Wallah” just come out specially to pose for the shot,look at them dancing shoes !!! Shades of “Nosser” Ingram here I think!! Maybe this poser was just picking his motor up for the Trunk! Now the driver/shunter behind !!!,rushing around the front of the Bristol,now he does look like he’s no time to pose for for the camera,he has probably been grafting all day loading the Trunkers then “shiny shoes” turns up and passes some comment about a little bit of sheet tie dangling or similar !!! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

Now IMO,this chap has either just taken his boiler suit off or he is an “office Wallah” just come out specially to pose for the shot,look at them dancing shoes !!! Shades of “Nosser” Ingram here I think!! Maybe this poser was just picking his motor up for the Trunk! Now the driver/shunter behind !!!,rushing around the front of the Bristol,now he does look like he’s no time to pose for for the camera,he has probably been grafting all day loading the Trunkers then “shiny shoes” turns up and passes some comment about a little bit of sheet tie dangling or similar !!! Cheers Dennis.

We’ve all seen guys like this, all shoe polish and neck tie’s.

Me.Paul.101:

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

We’ve all seen guys like this, all shoe polish and neck tie’s.

I thought it was you Dennis.!!!

Bit before my time DD66! But I did ruin a couple of expensive suits and 3 or 4 pairs of nice K Shoes over the years.Got the suits ■■■■ up with grease and oil down the pits under a motor,ruined the shoes with derv or stepping into a puddle in the depot!!!Sheeted and roped a few loads with a “whistle” and tie on and got away with it plenty times though! Driving the forklifts was ok provided I put a plastic seat cover over the seat !!Cheers Dennis.

Dave the Renegade:

This bloke actually drove for Sharples from Eardisley.A well respected driver seen in one of the Welsh Steelworks late 1960’s.

Dave the Renegade:

Dave the Renegade:

This bloke actually drove for Sharples from Eardisley.A well respected driver seen in one of the Welsh Steelworks late 1960’s.

So he wasn’t actually a BRS driver then Dave ? Cheers Dennis.