DAYS GONE BYE

Pete Windrush should recognise these.

Not actually working these days,but on display at the Lazy Kettle transport cafe on the A5 north of Oswestry.

Appropriate for this thread.

Remember this scene ? well probably not this far back . :slight_smile:
The young lady on the left is in the external grinding dept. at the Albion Motor Car Co. Hmmm.
M.T. Cutting. Mike.

Percy Hall seen securing his load of steel at one of the Welsh steelworks.

The late Percy Hall checking his load of steel on Brecon Beacons ready to continue his journey north with one of Sharples eight wheeler Foden’s.

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

Now IMO,this chap has either just taken his boiler suit off or he is an “office Wallah” just come out specially to pose for the shot,look at them dancing shoes !!! Shades of “Nosser” Ingram here I think!! Maybe this poser was just picking his motor up for the Trunk! Now the driver/shunter behind !!!,rushing around the front of the Bristol,now he does look like he’s no time to pose for for the camera,he has probably been grafting all day loading the Trunkers then “shiny shoes” turns up and passes some comment about a little bit of sheet tie dangling or similar !!! Cheers Dennis.[/qu

Thermalite Ytong’s yard at Shepherds House Lane, Reading. Two Foden FG eight legger’s (one my fathers) two Comet artics and the rest Bedford’s.

Pete.

Dave the Renegade:

The late Percy Hall checking his load of steel on Brecon Beacons ready to continue his journey north with one of Sharples eight wheeler Foden’s.

Hiya i have a mate just like that percy hall (windrush knows him… wally ex midland storage guy now a OD)wal never got dusty yet alone dirty.
i,d look like i never showered for a month. wal was sparkling clean…how do they do that
John

3300John:

Dave the Renegade:

Hiya i have a mate just like that percy hall (windrush knows him… wally ex midland storage guy now a OD)wal never got dusty yet alone dirty.
i,d look like i never showered for a month. wal was sparkling clean…how do they do that
John

The thing is John they didn’t handle anything other than the sheets or ropes on steel John.Percy was a neat dapper bloke who was older than he looks in these pics.His mate Colin Evans who was running with him in another Sharples Foden took the pics.
Cheers Dave.

1960 Brand new another underpowered motor, with a 4 LW Gardner, Regards Larry.

Perkins Engined Dodge.jpg