Some old 'classics'

Some pics of my old mans old wagons from yester-year for you to enjoy.
I grew up in most of thesse at sometime or another :laughing:

Incidentally, If anyone knows of a Leyland Marathon for sale, in a resurectable condition, please let me know.

The ERF was driven by uncle, out of John Mansfield Timber at Marchington, Staffs, and the little chap in one of the pics is me :laughing: The Leylands were piloted by my old man. He used to pull out of British Gypsum at Fauld with a flat on plaster. The tipper was used on coal in the early days.

some true classic british motors there mate,

got anymore pics

cheers
gaz

there might be, its a case of finding them and scanning them in.
Got some fond memories of growing up in them wagons. Every school holiday, on every day possible, I’d be out there with my dad.
I was raised on Diesel fumes :laughing:
I can still hear the distinct ■■■■■■■ sound, and the ‘rattle’ if you will, when he put the clutch in.

theres a dutchman who posts on here now and again, i think his name is marathon man?, hes got a shed full of marathons…

goody, think there is or was one at the back jun 29 truck stop chesterfield in a chemical yard dont know what the con"d was etc may be worth a look it was a day cab marathon. or someone else may no diffrent to it been there now,

cheers :sunglasses:

i’ll do some investigating :smiley:

no probs goody, it was a white day cab ig you come out of jun 29 truckstop, u gotta turn right the building on the right nxt to the truckstop it was there go past the unit to the next gate on ur right it was set fairly well back you had to look for it or you wouldnt really see it as i say it was there been there for a few years but carnt honestly say if its still there or condition, good luck

Thanks for the info :sunglasses:

globby 480:
no probs goody, it was a white day cab ig you come out of jun 29 truckstop, u gotta turn right the building on the right nxt to the truckstop it was there go past the unit to the next gate on ur right it was set fairly well back you had to look for it or you wouldnt really see it as i say it was there been there for a few years but carnt honestly say if its still there or condition, good luck

its not there now last time i saw it about 12 months ago(took a couple of pics)and its a left â– â– â– â– â– â–  -alan(revman)

:unamused:

Ah well.

…at least thats saved me a journey i suppose :laughing:

kindle530:
theres a dutchman who posts on here now and again, i think his name is marathon man?, hes got a shed full of marathons…

It’s the Leyland Marathon2 man from Holland here! Not only a shed full of Marathons but Roadtrains as well. And DAF’s of course. Okay, 1 Scania LB110. Sorry for that. Hmm I forgot… a White Road Commander as well. Who might be interested in this Yank? If I can be of any assistent please let me know.
Cheers, Renay

I may well be in touch :wink: :slight_smile:

K. Goodwin, if you look in or buy " Heritge commercials, or Classic and vintage commercials " magazine’s they both have huge sections in the back of finished lorries or part finished projects or even wrecks to do up (if you’ve got the room or time) to buy. I myself have recently seen a finished marathon in for sale, i know this because they have a special bond to me too. My grandad had one DLG 370S with a ■■■■■■■ NTC250, he had it for about 8yrs. Went like the proverbial off a shovell.

there s one in march edition of classic and vintage commercials, in the classiified section under AEC,( right place!!)…trunkera1

park your wagon on your sheets and your bed on your boots